So right now I have an Epi Les Paul Ultra. Its a great looking guitar, but there's certain things I dont like about it. I went to GC today with hopes of buying another guitar. I was looking at lower end Gibsons and Epis (Epi Explorer, Faded SG, etc). Anyways, the salesman had me play a Epi Slash Goldtop. the thing absolutely smokes. Plus it's on sale for $799 with a case. If you were in this situation, would you trade in the Epi Les paul Ultra for the Slash guitar? Im kind of stuck right now.

Thanks
Matt
From what I know, pretty much almost anything is better than the Epi LP Ultra. But it really comes down to you. If you like it, go for it.
Ehh, unless you really dislike the current guitar, I'd keep it. Two is better than one, just keep saving!
Thanks guys. Probably should also include that I have a Jackson Dinky and a Fender Blues Deluxe Amp with Pedals galore...
Quote by MBradley2011
Thanks guys. Probably should also include that I have a Jackson Dinky and a Fender Blues Deluxe Amp with Pedals galore...

Basically Loadsamoney?

Fair enough, not your fault your parents did well

One piece of advice, I ended up with three guitars which was a complete waste of money, I think you're best off saving for something else or replacing any existing guitars so that you have two guitars. Also, three humbucking guitars? Really? Get a strat for the sake of variety, I did!

flickr you might
Quote by MrCarrot
Oranges are actually a revolution though - they're the next step from Rectos IMO.
I wouldn't trade it in. They'll only give you half of what it's worth.
Did you know the odds of a Vault-Tec shelter failing are 1,763,497 to 1?

So imagine life in a Vault-Tec Vault. Not just a future.
A brighter future... underground.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.
Quote by Raxef
From what I know, pretty much almost anything is better than the Epi LP Ultra. But it really comes down to you. If you like it, go for it.

^ Ignore him

What don't you like about the Ultra? We should start from there. It's quite a unique guitar and it's pretty good.
Quote by Eddie4President
Either you remind her of a girl, or she's not a lesbian.

Quote by blake1221
Jabba's real name is Katie.
I didnt end up going through with it. The were only going to give me $200 for my Epi. This things my baby lol. Not worth it. Now that I think about it there isnt much wrong with it, although I feel it could use better Pups.
What amp do you have? You could go for the Seymour Duncan Jazz/JB humbucker set so you stay versatile for most genres.
Quote by Eddie4President
Either you remind her of a girl, or she's not a lesbian.

Quote by blake1221
Jabba's real name is Katie.
if you really want you can sell it on craigslist and add a little more for the slash lp. if you dont like a guitar why keep it? your the one playing not everybody on UG, so go with the better guitar in your opinion.
What did you like about the slash guitar? If it's the sound, you could get the same pickups that were in it. It probably won't sound the same since the Ultra is chambered