I have a V shaped LTD guitar with a Floyd Rose, and I came to notice my strings were really rusty and my tuning was always shot. I went to my local instrument store and picked up a pack of DR strings, they are DR 10's. I had my friend string it for me and he came to notice no matter what the thing just wouldn't stay tuned, he would use his tuner and get it just right, then quickly put on the locking nut, but it would still not stay tuned. This guitar came stock with size 11 strings, do you think there should be less or more springs inside the Floyd Rose? We really want to gather any information and try fixing this ourselves, because the shop overprices all repair related work by loads. This might be an easy fix, but I doubt it because I tried different spring combination's and regardless the tuning just wouldn't stay. Then i noticed the strings were farther away from the fretboard then usual, and had to level the bridge. After doing all this stuff we can't get it to stay in tune. Thanks for any info.

If you really need any picks for advice, I can take some but they will be low quality.
hide your kids, hide your wife.

Quote by angus_young_32
I'd rather kill myself than commit suicide.

UG Hatecrew FTW
if your guitar came stock with 11s...and now your using 10s....you should use less spring tension
if i were you...i would just buy another set of 11s
and put those on
instead of screwing around with the springs and stuff
Quote by Valid12891
I wish I had an extra sensitive third nipple, and a girl who was into that sort of thing.

Quote by _Ixnay_
In Russia, Winter Cold + Vodka + Big-Chested Women = No problem.

Book of shadows 2?
O_o
Maybe the locking nut either have problems or sucks. It should not do that, even though all that, it is known for new strings to be like this in my personal experience, use them for a while, STRETCH THEM, play with them for a while even if they are detuned, go wild bending, all you want right now is that they get used to the tension and then tune and lock. If this does not work then take it to a luthie.
"RAWR WIRES >:O"
One more kiss... One more touch...
I miss you, wont you hug me just one last time?

Twitter!!~ Follow Re-follow :P
Quote by Line6
Maybe the locking nut either have problems or sucks. It should not do that, even though all that, it is known for new strings to be like this in my personal experience, use them for a while, STRETCH THEM, play with them for a while even if they are detuned, go wild bending, all you want right now is that they get used to the tension and then tune and lock. If this does not work then take it to a luthie.

Yeah, my buddy told me to not worry and just wait a while because they need to stretch, hopefully that's the case, so I should remove a spring from my FR?, it currently has 3 in there.

Quote by angus_young_32

UG Hatecrew FTW
Don't remove, ADJUST. 3 is more than enough for this gauge. Go the the FR thread in here, it's stickied.
"RAWR WIRES >:O"
One more kiss... One more touch...
I miss you, wont you hug me just one last time?

Twitter!!~ Follow Re-follow :P
The strings stretched over night and it works fine now, they just needed to be stretched out. Thanks guys.

Quote by angus_young_32

UG Hatecrew FTW