Hello everyone,

First off, I know there´s a sticky dedicated to this, but it includes free software.

My question is, my set up is really basic, I havemy guitar connected to my amp, and in the emulated out (headphones line in) I´ve connected my speaker cable that go from my speakers to my pc. So I got this cable and plugged it into the amp/laptop mic line in and now i can record using the windows sound recorder, the only problem is that it is too basic and it only allows you to record 60 secs sets, after 60 secs you ahve to click the record button again.

So my question is, is there any software out there (free or paid) that you can:

1 Record continuosly.
2 Edit audio tracks.
3 Merge different audio tracks together.
4 Built in EQ (optional).

Again, it can be free software or paid one, I think my laptop can afford a paid one´s requirements.

Thanks all.
Originally Posted by Chromeproguitar
they make horrible noises in the middle of the night (is it sex?)

Quote by CliffIsAngry
I guess she's pretty hot if you're into that "having a good music video, but not better than Beyonce's" kind of thing...
Quote by alkalineweeman

Ends it all right there.
2005 Epiphone Zakk Wylde Signature Buzzsaw (ZW Set Pickups)
2005 Ibanez RG5EX1
2002 Ibanez RG320DXQM w/ DiMarzio pups
Line 6 Guitarport
Cakewalk SONAR 6 PE
Propellerhead Reason 3.0
Cubase, (Paid for)
Audacity (free)
Take your pick i'd start with Audacity nice and basic to get you into the whole recording world. Hope this is a help.
Either Audacity or Reaper,

Audacity is pretty simple to use but is fairly limited in what you can do, whereas Reaper, although a bit harder to get to grasps with will ultimately provide you with all the tools and facilitys that you need.

As far as audio editing, both programs can cut stuff out and what not. In Reaper effects can be also be added using the plugins that come with the software. Such as the EQ that you mentioned!

As far as costs, Audacity is completely free.

Reaper on the other hand has an unlimited free trial but its my opinion that If you like it that you should pay the $50 that it costs to liscence it, Its a far cheaper option that using one of the more commercial DAWS!

Hope this Helps!
Gear:

Ibanez RGT220H
Schecter C1 Elite
Ibanez EWC30
Maxon OD-808
Framus Cobra
Peavey 5150 MK1 Block Letter
ENGL E530 Preamp
Mesa Boogie Standard Rectifier 4x12

Music:

http://www.myspace.com/morethanthisuk