So I got some gift cards to guitar center from dear Saint Nick, and I think it's time for me to purchase some new guitar stuff.

Basically, I'm looking to spend between $50 and $100.
I play basically anything, mostly just alternative, indie, post-hardcore music.
I like everything from Kevin Devine to Brand New to Anti-Flag to As Blood Runs Black.
My current equipment consists of an Epiphone Les Paul, a 15 watt Vox Valvetronix modeling amp, and a digitech ex-7 expression pedal.

I just want to buy something (I'm leaning towards some type of pedal) that's gonna give me a sound that I don't really have and that I can have fun with and really utilize. I was thinking maybe a distortion pedal, but I can conjure up almost any distortion sound between my amp and the ex-7, so I'm really stumped.

Ideas are greatly appreciated, thanks guys :]
So the air's getting colder
and the news keeps us scared.

Member of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM Hamish5178 to join~
wha pedal, or do you get that on the ex-7? sorry I have no expierience of digitech pedals except the whammy.
Quote by dudey5691
Do said gift cards expire?

If not, you could just save the money towards something really good, as opposed to something just good, or mediocre.

That being said, an EQ is always a good buy.

Pretty sure most gift cards expire like 2 years after they are given.
But I'm leaving for college in like 8 months, and I'm not trying to either blow a lot of money on something big or wait a long time to buy something.

Plus I'm just bored with what I've got now, so I need something fun to mess with.
The only other idea I had was maybe some sort or recording equipment?
I really don't know how much that stuff runs though.
So the air's getting colder
and the news keeps us scared.

Member of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM Hamish5178 to join~