I have been playing bass for awhile and I'm starting to get to the point where I need to spice if up a little.

I was messing with my friends line 6 pod studio last night and it was pretty cool but I don't want something that complicated. What might be a good multi effect thing.

Now for the fill(s) question. My schools jazz band is about to start soon and I did pretty bad when it came to making fills in the middle of songs... Any advice?
The theory part is fine it's just that i am not creative at all. In fact in the band class I'm in now we are learning theory(well we were before Christmas break came)
well, when you eat, do you eat everything in the same order all the time? no.
a bite of spaghetti, then some garlic bread, then maybe some vegetables one day, the next day, you eat all the bread first before switching between vegetables and spaghetti.

is it really thought out? no. you don't need to be creative, just throw notes in the scale in some random order, chances are, it wont sound too bad.

that is an easy fill.

for multieffects, I own an ME20B, and it sounds pretty nice.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
ok thanks humanity

i would love to have something like that multi effect system but i don't really have $200 to spend. i want something mainly between $100-$180
Quote by jazzbasskid
ok thanks humanity

i would love to have something like that multi effect system but i don't really have $200 to spend. i want something mainly between $100-$180

I got mine for 150.

but, I hear the Zoom ones work pretty well.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard

I know its not jazz but for fills, listen to Flea. I might get flamed for saying that but for example Hump De Bump has some awesome lines in it.
Quote by Miss G
I know its not jazz but for fills, listen to Flea. I might get flamed for saying that but for example Hump De Bump has some awesome lines in it.

I agree. it sounds nice.

it doesn't have to be virtuosic to be good.
Quote by FatalGear41

Quote by Jason Jillard

so I'm looking at effects and I am interested in the DigiTech BP80 and the DigiTech BP200. Anybody have any experience with either on these?
Whatever you do, dont go line 6.I have one of the bass floor pods.Its allright, but nothing like the other pods and totally not worth the money.
...it was bright as the sun, but with ten times the heat