Just bought this guitar, paid:400

2002 Fender Deluxe series Mex Strat

I can't find too much info on the web about this guitar, so if anyone knows anything about them that would be much appreciated. I'm not sure if it had the noiseless pickups that year or not? Seems to me like it doesn, but I dunno Anyone have one and have any impressions? I went into the store to buy a new mexi strat but bought this one used instead, and so far I'm pleased but I have only been playing a year and distrust my own impressions..... Any info would be appreciated---

THANKS!
alot changed in 03-04 for the deluxe lines of basses and guitars, I don't think the strats had SCNs, IIRC, that one had the tortoise pickguard, 2 tone burst, gold hardware and the texas special p'ups, but I could be mistaken. There was also the HSS deluxe, which had the pearly gates bridge with texas special neck and middle, iirc. Really nice guitars.
Fact: Bears eat beats. Bears beats Battlestar Galactica.
I was close. Just off by color.
You were close on the description! But they didn't put Tx Specials in these Mexican Deluxe's, did they?
Quote by Bobby Honcho
You were close on the description! But they didn't put Tx Specials in these Mexican Deluxe's, did they?

nope it was noseless but maybe they were swapped out by the previous owner... does it hum like crazy when its plugged into your amp? if not they are noseless if it does buzz youd have to take out the pups and look...
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") This is bunny. Copy him into your signature to help him acheive world dominance.
Quote by Thomme
alot changed in 03-04 for the deluxe lines of basses and guitars, I don't think the strats had SCNs, IIRC, that one had the tortoise pickguard, 2 tone burst, gold hardware and the texas special p'ups, but I could be mistaken. There was also the HSS deluxe, which had the pearly gates bridge with texas special neck and middle, iirc. Really nice guitars.

Wrong. Deluxe Players Strats (thats OP's guitar) have Vintage Noiseless pups, not SCNs. The Lone Star Strat has the Texas Specials and pearly gates, not the HSS Deluxe. HSS American Deluxe has SCNs and i believe a pearly gates in the bridge.

EDIT: AD HSS has all SCNs, including the 'bucker.
Last edited by RHCPFitz at Dec 29, 2008,
Quote by SRV59
nope it was noseless but maybe they were swapped out by the previous owner... does it hum like crazy when its plugged into your amp? if not they are noseless if it does buzz youd have to take out the pups and look...

The original Pups have "Noiseless" written in gold cursive on the bottom of each pup. and all pups make a hum, no matter if it says noiseless or not.
Last edited by RHCPFitz at Dec 29, 2008,
Well, no they really don't hum very much, but I had read that they would say "noiseless" on them as well and they don't. The pole on the G string sticks way up furthur than the others tho, I dunno if that means anything--
sounds like the PO maybe dropped some SCns or Texas Specials in there... open her up and find out. If the pickups are either of what i just mentioned, or anything from the custom shop, they will have little silver stickers on the underside of each pickup with the fender custom shop logo.
Quote by RHCPFitz
Wrong. Deluxe Players Strats (thats OP's guitar) have Vintage Noiseless pups, not SCNs. The Lone Star Strat has the Texas Specials and pearly gates, not the HSS Deluxe. HSS American Deluxe has SCNs and i believe a pearly gates in the bridge.

EDIT: AD HSS has all SCNs, including the 'bucker.

how can a humbucker be an SCN? I'm lost... but, apparently I was thinking of the other deluxe models.