I have $650 that I intend to spend at Guitar Center next weekend.
I was wondering if I should buy a new amp, or Effects.

I have a (sadly) MG100HDFX Marshall, as my current amp.

Effects wise I have a Boss MD-2 Mega Distortion, Boss PH-3 Phase Shifter, Big Muff Pi, Crybaby 535q.
I play a mix of Rock, Punk, and Metal.
What amp should I get, or What effects should I get?

Thank you for your help.
What you should do is bring in your MG for store credit, and then try out all the amps there under the price range of your cash+store credit, and then see which one works best for you and your style. You cant really get more specific advice over the internet from someone who has never heard you play or knows what guitar you have.
Good luck.
Do NOT look behind you.
I'm thinking a Valvetronix in that price range.

And +1 to bringing in the MG.
Look at Fender Hot Rods, maybe some Peaveys. I don't see how you could spend $650 on effects, so I'd go for an amp if I were you.

80th best UGer
Quote by pwrmax
I'm thinking a Valvetronix in that price range.

You can't be serious... The Valvetronix are good, but spending $650 on one is almost as much of a waste as it would be buying an MG or Spider.

Look at the stuff they have used there, sometimes GC has some surprisingly good deals on used gear. If you could pick up a decent Mesa combo for a good price, it'd be well worth it. If you don't have to buy from GC, definitely don't.

New, DespisedIcon pretty much took care of all the ones I'd recommend.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
You can't be serious... The Valvetronix are good, but spending $650 on one is almost as much of a waste as it would be buying an MG or Spider.

Look at the stuff they have used there, sometimes GC has some surprisingly good deals on used gear. If you could pick up a decent Mesa combo for a good price, it'd be well worth it. If you don't have to buy from GC, definitely don't.

New, DespisedIcon pretty much took care of all the ones I'd recommend.

Totally agree.