Hey I have an Olympic White John Mayer Sig Strat . I was thinking of replacing the mint green guard with a white one but im not sure what will fit. On the '62 body (which the JM strat has) the truss rod adjustment is on the body instead of the neck...which causes the '62 pickguards to have a small notch where the truss rod protrudes from the neck (note the notch near where the neck would start ). So heres my question:

I want to put an off-white pickguard on my guitar but theres no one who manufactures a 62 style off-white guard....will a standard 11-hole pickguard fit, even though it doesnt have a notch for the truss rod? thanks everyone.
Quote by illtrixtaj
Hey I have an Olympic White John Mayer Sig Strat . I was thinking of replacing the mint green guard with a white one but im not sure what will fit. On the '62 body (which the JM strat has) the truss rod adjustment is on the body instead of the neck...which causes the '62 pickguards to have a small notch where the truss rod protrudes from the neck (note the notch near where the neck would start ). So heres my question:

I want to put an off-white pickguard on my guitar but theres no one who manufactures a 62 style off-white guard....will a standard 11-hole pickguard fit, even though it doesnt have a notch for the truss rod? thanks everyone.

I've never put on a replacement pickguard that fit perfectly. Another 11-hole pickguard designed to fit a strat should be really close, enough so that you won't need to fill-and-drill. If you want, a little sand paper or a dremel sander can add the notch.
I Japanese Fenders
MIJ '86 Strat, MIJ '95 Foto Flame Tele, Jackson JSX-94
Schecter C-1 Classic 3TSB, Takamine EG544SC-4C
Warwick Corvette Fretless MIJ '89 P-Bass Lyte
Fender Geddy Lee Sig Bass, Ibanez DTT700 Destroyer