I know there are at least 100 similar threads but none of them really had what I wanted.

I have a Crate V18 and it get pretty distorted but I need to crank it so much that my Mom and brother get pissed so I only get to play in overdriven glory for about 15 minutes a day. So, I need a overdrive pedal to give me that awesome tube overdrive without the volume that comes with it.

So I need an overdrive pedal for classic + hard rock and some light metal for about $100, I can go up to ~$130 at most. I've thought about the MXR distortion+ (not overdrive I know), Bad Monkey, TS9, and M1 audio crunch box.

I'm going to GC and maybe Daddy's sometime this week, anything I should try out? Any brands that are know to be really good?
You're probably going to want a distortion pedal as no overdrive pedal in your price range is going to have that much gain by itself (assuming you have the amp setup for clean).

I'd check out the Visual Sounds Jekyll and Hyde.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
You're probably going to want a distortion pedal as no overdrive pedal in your price range is going to have that much gain by itself (assuming you have the amp setup for clean).

I'd check out the Visual Sounds Jekyll and Hyde.

^jekyll and hyde sounds perfect since it has both an od and distortion in one box. very convenient

if not i would check out a fulltone ocd. if you use that with in conjunction with some drive on your amp it'll get you all the tones you need

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

Thanks for the fast replies, ya my amp is set up for clean but I could crank up the gain. Jekyll and Hyde sounds perfect, I can mess around with both dist. and OD. Little more expensive but I get both so it should be worth it, like the Bass boost too, frickin' hate weak trebley distortion.

Should be fun to see how it works with the amp's natural distortion when I do get to crank it.

Thanks again for the help.