Okay, here's my delemma. I've recently made the choice to sell my Vox tonelab Le (which is the best ME on the market, my opinion) in order to purchase individual stompboxes, as I'm told is a better choice.
Okay, so I've run into a problem. One benefit to having ME's is that you can program as many effects as you want into one stomp. This allows you to transition heavily processed sections songs with ease. With individual pedals you have to access them one at a time.

I.E. If I'm transition from a Verse section of a song to a crescendo-ed Chorus, I have to move fast. What if my verse section requires a clean channel, verb, flanger, and chorus and my Chorus Section only requires verb and distortion. How can I switch fast enough? Especially if I'm the lead vocalist to boot.

1. Is there a way to program individual stompboxes like banks or presets?
2. Should opt for the rackmounted processors with floor midi controllers?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I remember somethin that the guys in A7x had, that lett them put there pedals on a rack and have an MIDIcontroller on stage that let them activate various combinations of pedals at once cant remember the name, but it seemed like what you need
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
Quote by ShredGod George
I remember somethin that the guys in A7x had, that lett them put there pedals on a rack and have an MIDIcontroller on stage that let them activate various combinations of pedals at once cant remember the name, but it seemed like what you need

thats seriously expensive though.

Try a plank of wood, Sound stupid but that the realistic solution haha
There's No School like Old School.

So yeah, i'm getting active again on this fucking website.

FACEBOOK
TheGigRig has a MIDI type affair like George described.
I'm personally going down the route of something from loop-master.com
Loads of signal-chain/loop pedals for making multiple stomp boxes easier to navigate.
Well an a-b box is always good to have, and its cost like 3$ if you make one by yourself
There's No School like Old School.

So yeah, i'm getting active again on this fucking website.

FACEBOOK
voodoo labs gcx audio switcher / gig rig pro 14 / uber awesome john petrucci rig made by mark snyder
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
no offense, but how does a "plank of wood" help someone control multiple stompboxes with one stomp at one time?
Quote by bryan202
no offense, but how does a "plank of wood" help someone control multiple stompboxes with one stomp at one time?

Attatch the wood to multiple pedals' bypass switches. Press down on the wood, you're effectively pressing down on all the attatched pedals.

I wouldn't do that though, especially with more than two pedals.

Get an effects loop box.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ARCHITECT σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

drone/doom/post-metal: http://theygrieve.bandcamp.com
MIDI is really the only way to effectively do what you want. there really isnt any other way to switch multiple things on and off at the same time perfectly. however, the way that most people would do it is to figure out which effects need to change at the precise moment and which can be off by a tad bit. so for your example i would switch off the flanger, on the distortion and then off the chorus. that way the most pronounced effect is off when you hit the chorus, at which time you turn on the distortion at the right time. then the chorus is usually a bit more subtle so its not as noticed if you kick it off a fraction of a second later. you just kinda have to plan in advance an think about stuff like that if you want to just use your feet.
Quote by ChrisN
TheGigRig has a MIDI type affair like George described.

Aye, what I was going to suggest, very cool pieces of kit.

Other than that, the Voodoo Labs GCX is a tried and tested choice, and has been mentioned here already
What you probably want is a looper. It switches between multiple in/out chains, so you can have all your clean sound pedals in one loop, then your distortion pedals in another and switch between those with one stomp. It's not as versatile as MIDI, but it's not as expensive or complicated either.
www.loooper.com is a good place to start.