Page 1 of 4
This is not a thread for the most underrated guitarists. Rather, it's a thread discussing the generally well-renowned guitarists to which very little attention is paid here on UG.

For example (my choices):
Frank Zappa - Frank Zappa and the Mothers of Invention
Duane Allman - The Allman Brothers Band
Mark Knopfler - Dire Straits

Who do you think deserves a little more attention on this website?
"Let's not be too rough on our own ignorance. I mean, after all, it's the thing that makes America great." - Frank Zappa while on the Arsenio Hall Show

Quote by vintage x metal
On a side note, TS, love the username. I'd kill to be under you.
Robby Krieger - The Doors

I think he's one of the best....
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
Searchbar the Third. Seriously, I ****ing love his work on, "Use the fuh-king." You have to listen to, "Use it or lose it, pal!", about 2:57 in, the fastest shredding I've ever heard.
Arjen A Luccassenn (Ayreon), I've Seen a few peiople mention him but very very mentions, which is a shame as he is a fantastic gutiarists, keyboardish, insturmentalistst composer and writer as well as vocalist
Quote by VIRUSDETECTED
Searchbar the Third. Seriously, I ****ing love his work on, "Use the fuh-king." You have to listen to, "Use it or lose it, pal!", about 2:57 in, the fastest shredding I've ever heard.

Nah, that guys sucks...

You dont hear too much about Frampton. Maybe a little here and there, but not that much really
Ed Hunter.
The DNA results show that Jeremy Kyle is a nob.

Quote by titsmcgee852
I want to look at your sexual naked body.
me
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
Quote by Mihyaeru
Arjen A Luccassenn (Ayreon), I've Seen a few peiople mention him but very very mentions, which is a shame as he is a fantastic gutiarists, keyboardish, insturmentalistst composer and writer as well as vocalist

This too. He is amazing.
May the Force be with You.
Carmel is hawt
Dave Weiner.
Gearz:
Squier classic vibe 50's strat, modded.
Dunlop 535q
Korg Pitchblack
Carvin X100B

Coming soon to a pedal board near you:
Analogman Sunface
Lovepedal E6
Area 51 wah
Skreddy Lunar Module
Malekko 616 Ekko
Quote by captaincrunk
we talk about frank zappa on here????

although duane allman rarely gets mentioned. sad day

Hardly. I see his name pop up every once in a while, but it's usually done by me. He's one of my favorites and really is a legend in multiple genres.

I just don't think he gets the credit he deserves here.
"Let's not be too rough on our own ignorance. I mean, after all, it's the thing that makes America great." - Frank Zappa while on the Arsenio Hall Show

Quote by vintage x metal
Eric Johnson

INTOLERANCE IS IGNORANCE

Quote by kosmic
Holy Moses.
haha
Nate Hand. I bet no one else has even heard of him...
Quote by Killian5-0
I was looking at a friend of mines baby that was just born and I said "He's younger than me"

Quote by Rocker_geek
nexteyenate you win
Linux
Derek Trucks (The Allman Brothers Band & The Derek Trucks Band)
Billy Gibbons (ZZ Top)
Dickey Betts (The Allman Brothers Band)
tumblr | twitter | instagram
Quote by Rossenrot
Aig91 Atomizes Rossenrot Before Offering Mercy In Exchange For Wholesale Genuflection
Last edited by aig91 at Dec 27, 2008,
Dimebag? Piss off. Hes one of the most talked about/referred to guitarists on any guitar based thread on the internet. Not to take anything away from him, coz he deserves every good word he gets <RIP> but hes not rarely mentioned.
Id say someone like Phil Demmel, Buckethead, Hendrix, Satch, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Santana, BB King, Chuck Berry and Eric Clapton need more mention
Quote by ShadesOfNight
Dimebag? Piss off. Hes one of the most talked about/referred to guitarists on any guitar based thread on the internet. Not to take anything away from him, coz he deserves every good word he gets <RIP> but hes not rarely mentioned.
Id say someone like Phil Demmel, Buckethead, Hendrix, Satch, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Santana, BB King, Chuck Berry and Eric Clapton need more mention

Oh...
I'll lend you my sarcasam detector.
How did the ****ing cat not give it away?

Buckethead, Hendrix, Satch, SRV, Santana and Clapton are talked about here everyday.
Quote by aaciseric
Richie Sambora: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mb_r-dP0A-A&feature=channel_page - bloody amazing but so few people appreciate his amazing work on this site.

FUCK YES!

I saw Bon Jovi last June, and holy hell Richie was amazing. Especially on I'll Be There For You. He sand it.

Apart from Tico, the stage was Richie's that night.
Carmel is hawt
Quote by Oblivion_Rps

I saw Bon Jovi last June, and holy hell Richie was amazing. Especially on I'll Be There For You. He sand it.

Apart from Tico, the stage was Richie's that night.

I saw them in June aswell, where did you see them play?
Quote by aaciseric
I saw them in June aswell, where did you see them play?

Manchester City Stadium.
You?
Carmel is hawt
I don't know if David Gilmour is talked about on here a lot

Quote by frnzd
Quote by gamebreaker
I think semen would be our biggest export...
We'd build an industry around it.

Quote by Conehead

-__-

You're kidding right?
Quote by ShadesOfNight

wat?

Buckethead has a ton of fanboys here.

Quote by vintage x metal
Quote by MoleMania
-__-

You're kidding right?

No I just haven't seen his name a lot.
I said I don't know by the way, not that he is not talked about.

Quote by frnzd
Quote by gamebreaker
I think semen would be our biggest export...
We'd build an industry around it.

Elliott Smith
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Quote by Conehead

Sorry, mate. He's talked around here quite a bit.

INTOLERANCE IS IGNORANCE

Quote by kosmic
Holy Moses.
haha
Quote by Oblivion_Rps
Manchester City Stadium.
You?

Ricoh Arena in Coventry, amazing night.
Hendrix, Slash and Dimebag.

Seriously, I've only ever seen one or two people mention Paul Masvidal from Cynic and Aeon Spoke (Outside of the Cynic thread, obv) and he's a great and very underrated guitarist.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Page 1 of 4