Hi everybody.

I'm new to this forum and hope I might get some help from you guys.
I've been reading here for a few months and since I can't find anything in here or on google I gotta do my first post.
Here we go.

I am converting a Squier Stagemaster (from tremolo to hardtail) and I need to route the pickup cavity a bit bigger to put a 81-7 in.
The problem is, I can only find the width and lenght of the PU (38x89mm) but not the height.
Does anyone have experience in how deep and wide the cavity is supposed to be (minimum and maximum). I thought about 2mm extra like 41x91mm because of all the layers of paint and coating.
If anybody is aware of if I can keep the original depths of the cavity it would help a lot.
I don't have the PU with me (it was sold out and is on it's way) and I have to route it on monday since this will be the only day my mate has time to do it.

Your help is appreciated.
Regards from Germany

taughty

P.S. I appoligize in advance for bad grammar/spelling
It is a Squier Stagemaster 7-String.
I thought it was obvious - sorry
Taking a look at the Stagemaster I doubt that any extra routing is possible. But how is this important? I mean, its not like its gonna touch your strings or anything. And, isnt it just to route it out when you get the pickup?
Quote by goest
^Absolute. Uncompromising. 100% pure, fresh. Solid. Gold.

Quote by WCPhils
That might be my favorite shoop I have ever seen on here.

Quote by KnightBand
Yes! ****ing Yes! YOU LEGEND!!!
Oops.. I didn't know there was a 7 string Stagemaster :\

Anyway, the EMG 707 is no deeper than regular 7 string pickups, so you shouldn't actually need to route deeper. It's a little more square than most though, so you might have to route the edges.

Last edited by -MintSauce- at Dec 27, 2008,
Quote by Drakathan
Taking a look at the Stagemaster I doubt that any extra routing is possible. But how is this important? I mean, its not like its gonna touch your strings or anything. And, isnt it just to route it out when you get the pickup?

Theres plenty of wood. Don't understand your concern?
I just want to make sure that there is enough space to adjust the clearence between the top ot the PU and the strings. Thought it could get me in trouble if the original cavity is not deep enough and i don't want to route it again if wont fit right.
The thing is I don't have a router nor am I able to route exactly (never did it before) and I am really rare on time due to my job.
The holidays are a great chance for me to continue on working on it and monday, as I mentioned above, will be the only day he will be availble for me.
Quote by -MintSauce-
Oops.. I didn't know there was a 7 string Stagemaster :\

Anyway, the EMG 707 is no deeper than regular 7 string pickups, so you shouldn't actually need to route deeper. It's a little more square than most though, so you might have to route the edges.

THANK YOU!

I will soon post a lot of pics of what I have done so far.
Might seem a bit amateurish to most of you, but since its my first one I thinks it's quite OK.