Hello

My name is Rafael, im from portugal and im new to guitar, i bought a squier fender guitar pack, and i whant know what i should learn first? notes, chords? songs?
That depends on what you want to play. i started with just playing around and played easy things like jingle bells and well known short songs. then i strted playing afraid of the dark by iron maiden and One by Metallica.
Quote by Lars
Hey guys. What is this new amp we got today? it says M... Ma... Mars something. Marshall!!!
i think it says MG here on a little note too
Quote by Kirk

Quote by James
RUN LARS!!!

lulz
^ My first song was master of puppets... lol

but anyway, maybe learn duration of the notes, like whole notes, halves, quarters, etc. with dotted's and 3rds, then learn how to read tabs.
Quote by IDread
You know something is wrong when you have to utter the words "I have ganja in my eye" to your mother...

Quote by RIPKurt67-94
Aliens don't exist. I live on Mars, and I can assure you that there is no life here.

I hijacked this!
learn songs with simple chords
it will keep you interested.
███████████████████████████████████
The notes on the fret board then chords.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

,___,
[¬.¬]
/)__)
-"--"-

Quote by FishCream
Stop Performing Meathook Sodomy On Yourself
learn modes, how to tap, and Sweep picking.
Just to get you started.
Then move on to playing metal versions of all hendrix songs.
Then play a burning guitar with your teeth.
Quote by Lirarn
That depends on what you want to play. i started with just playing around and played easy things like jingle bells and well known short songs. then i strted playing afraid of the dark by iron maiden and One by Metallica.

What????

There's Fear of the Dark and there's Afraid to shoot Strangers pick one and stick with it.
May the Schwartz be with us! 2012

MAL

Q: OK, so do you care about the labels — nastiest, edgiest team in the NFL?

Jim Schwartz: It's better than the alternative — meekest, least aggressive, softest team in the NFL.