Any one know what guitar and amp CHuck Berry used back in the 50s? I think it was a Gretsch, but couldn't find a model or a signature guitar, thanks.
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
Gibson ES-355, occasionally a 335 I believe. If I'm right the amp was a Fender Bassman or some other type of Fender amp since they were realy your only amps back then.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 3-3
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 52-39
http://www.esto.es/rock/images/ChuckBerryPromo1.jpg

I don't think it's a 355, since the guitar I usually see him with is a single cutaway, and the 335, and 355 are doubles. Though your probably right about the amp.
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
Quote by lespaul#1
http://www.esto.es/rock/images/ChuckBerryPromo1.jpg

I don't think it's a 355, since the guitar I usually see him with is a single cutaway, and the 335, and 355 are doubles. Though your probably right about the amp.

He used mainly 335s and 355s. I don't know what is the guitar on the picture.

EDIT: It's a Gibson Birdland ES5.
ಠ_ಠ
Last edited by DespisedIcon at Dec 27, 2008,
All I know is it was a Gibson.

Lespauledit:

On his site, it says his legendary Gibson ES-350T: http://www.guitarvillage.co.uk/admin/pages/upload/Semis/Gibson/ES-350sb_m.jpg
Quote by chip46
Last edited by lespaul#1 at Dec 27, 2008,
Huh...well, generally he played a 355, but I'll venture a guess here and say in there he's playing a 295.

@DespisedIcon; No, I'm pretty sure a Byrdland doesn't have two P-90's. Same shape though. Edit; same to TS.

YEah, but the guitar he plays has a rounded cutaway.
Quote by chip46
I think it's a 50's Gibson ES-350

Did you know the odds of a Vault-Tec shelter failing are 1,763,497 to 1?

So imagine life in a Vault-Tec Vault. Not just a future.
A brighter future... underground.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.
Last edited by FloyDZeD at Dec 27, 2008,
I think you're right, they have the same pickups, bridge, and shape.
Quote by chip46
*claps* Well-done FloyDZeD.

FloyDZeD saved the day!
Quote by chip46