i have a friend whose been playing longer than i have. he's been playing a year and i have been playing 3 months, but im waaaaaaaaaaaaaay better then him. i wanna start a band with him but he cant make up ANYTHING. all i do is teach him what i make up and he will try to improve it. try. so, should i have him in my band or not? its been 2 years and he hasnet learned one song while i leaned all songs by three days grace and atreyu. what should i do!?
Quote by voleurz
stick it in the butt and pee
If you enjoy jamming with him go for it man, it's about the fun!

DON'T PANIC! DON'T PANIC!
THEY DON'T LIKE IT UP 'EM!
You sound like an arrogant douche bag.
Quote by crazy8rgood

Oh, look at those naughty waffles and their banana's...

*fapfapfapfapfap*

(if this is against the rules, I'll take it down.)
Stop being a prick, start a band with him so he can improve. If he's your friend, do a favor for him. If he can't write songs, good for you, you'll be the songwriter in the band, hence you will have more authority. If you don't like him enough to do that for him, perhaps he's not your friend, and if you don't have other friends, start a band with one guitarist.
I do not believe in sigs.
You cannot play every Atreyu song at three months
FEED ME MATHCORE

Quote by sashki

I also speak German, except no-one gives a shit.

GOOD MORNING SUNSHINE, AWAKE WHEN THE SUN HITS THE SKY
Seriously, you need to get over yourself. If you've only been playing for 3 months, chances are you both suck. Either help the guy out, or find new bandmates, but it's going to be hard to do either with that kind of attitude.
YEAH! im gonna burn you with fire!! and burn your house with fire!!

..oh i took it too far
Quote by marko'd
YEAH! im gonna burn you with fire!! and burn your house with fire!!

..oh i took it too far

+1! Best comment of the week!
Quote by goest
^Absolute. Uncompromising. 100% pure, fresh. Solid. Gold.

Quote by WCPhils
That might be my favorite shoop I have ever seen on here.

Quote by KnightBand
Yes! ****ing Yes! YOU LEGEND!!!
well i've been playing for 2+ years and i constantly write and i still dont think i'm ready for a band
you guys should keep on jammin together, but if you cant look at eachother as equally important bandmembers and writers then i dont see this working out...i would think a certain chemistry is important...but what do i know

...but if he sucks anus...thats a different story
Quote by TDG Tabs
i have a friend whose been playing longer than i have. he's been playing a year and i have been playing 3 months, but im waaaaaaaaaaaaaay better then him. i wanna start a band with him but he cant make up ANYTHING. all i do is teach him what i make up and he will try to improve it. try. so, should i have him in my band or not? its been 2 years and he hasnet learned one song while i leaned all songs by three days grace and atreyu. what should i do!?

I'm sorry if this is a little off topic, but i have a question. Do you live outside of the fabric of space and time?

That being said..... You need to get down off of that high horse. Great songwriters are made not born. Some people take longer to develop their abilities than others. Nobody just plops out a classic the first time they pick up an instrument.
You seem very arrogant, especially for only having played for 3 months. Record yourself play, practice for another year, and you'll notice how bad you really are right now. Seriously, jam with the guy and learn off each other, but don't try and start a band for another couple of years.
Quote by MooshMooshMarc

Hi 5 man! this is what Im talkin bout!

Rig:
05' B.C. Rich Warlock
Line 6 Spide III 75 Watt Combo
Behringer Cry Babe
Digitech Death Metal
Boss DD-3 Digital Delay
Rodam Cables
D'aDarrio XL
Chain for a strap
I'm sorry if this is a little off topic, but i have a question. Do you live outside of the fabric of space and time?QUOTE]

I lol'd.
bro0otal

Drummer

Guitarist___________Bassist________________Vox______________________Lead Guitarist
well i've been playing for 2+ years and i constantly write and i still dont think i'm ready for a band
you guys should keep on jammin together, but if you cant look at eachother as equally important bandmembers and writers then i dont see this working out...i would think a certain chemistry is important...but what do i know

...but if he sucks anus...thats a different story

I dont really get along with him, but we're friends. thanks for your answer.

===============================================================
And to everyone callin me names, it was a question. i came to UG looking for some advice, and all you guys do is call me some bull crap names. thanks alot UG. i sorta lost some respect for you guys.
Quote by voleurz
Quote by TDG Tabs

And to everyone callin me names, it was a question. i came to UG looking for some advice, and gloating and being aroggant about how "brillaint" i am, when im probably ****e and all you guys do is call me some bull crap names. thanks alot UG. i sorta lost some respect for you guys.

fixed
Love is my religion
Quote by TDG Tabs
I dont really get along with him, but we're friends. thanks for your answer.

===============================================================
And to everyone callin me names, it was a question. i came to UG looking for some advice, and all you guys do is call me some bull crap names. thanks alot UG. i sorta lost some respect for you guys.

Well, you are an arrogant douche, so its really about time someone told you so. If your post would have looked something like this, we wouldn't have been so mean.

I have a friend who I want to start a band with, but he isn't all that good at writing music. All I do is teach him what I write and he will try to improve it. So, should I try and start a band with him, or wait until he gets better?

Grammar is another thing.
Quote by MooshMooshMarc

Hi 5 man! this is what Im talkin bout!

Rig:
05' B.C. Rich Warlock
Line 6 Spide III 75 Watt Combo
Behringer Cry Babe
Digitech Death Metal
Boss DD-3 Digital Delay
Rodam Cables
D'aDarrio XL
Chain for a strap
You can play every THREE DAYS GRACE and ATREYU song!?

Wow, those are incredibley hard discographies to master. All the kids at your elementary school must think you're awesome!!!
Quote by Solus_Luna
You can play every THREE DAYS GRACE and ATREYU song!?

Wow, those are incredibley hard discographies to master. All the kids at your elementary school must think you're awesome!!!

OMG I KNOW!!!!!!!!

HAHA, I don't mind those bands, but do you think im going to put any effort into learning their songs?

I think not.
Quote by TDG Tabs

If he hasn't learned one song in 2 years i doubt he was a serious player, yeah sorry having a guitar collecting dust in your bedroom for 2 years doesn't mean they've been playing it that long..
I'll say this a million times. Not all musicians are songwriters. Don't expect people to be able to come up with stuff, especially on the spot. All I have to say is accept your gift for being able to compose. Secondly you aren't getting anywhere by actually getting frustrated by the fact that you're better than your friend. Take that as a sign that you're some sort of musical prodigy and run with it. I'm surprised your friend isn't on the forums ranting about how jealous he is of you.
Quote by TDG Tabs

1.Hes been playing for 1 year but its been 2 years?

2. You've been playing for 3 months theres millions of people that are waaaaaaaaaay better than you. If you have a big head now i can only imagine what it would be like if you actualy learned to play your instrument.

3. You did not learn "all" songs by 3 days grace and atreyu you rather learned parts of several of them and play them poorly.

What should you do? Maybe you could play for more than 3 months before you start acting like a cocky punk.
Quote by TDG Tabs

for starters stop being cocky, youve been playing fo r3 months, get over yourself.

teach him if its worth it or leave if hes not. if its skill your worried about teach him, if his not gonna be good as a band member in any other way, leave him.
here. try and answer this. this is what i meant ok? i just worded it the wrong way.

I have a friend who I want to start a band with, but he isn't all that good at writing music. All I do is teach him what I write and he will try to improve it. So, should I try and start a band with him, or wait until he gets better?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
3. You did not learn "all" songs by 3 days grace and atreyu you rather learned parts of several of them and play them poorly.

Actually sir, i have learned all of 3 days graces songs and im working on perfecting atreyu's songs. i did learn them, i dont care if u believe me or not. bu i did and i swear on it. im not saying im the best, all im saying is that i have alot of determination. I dont care if ur job is to blow off other people. wheres the feeling "Nice" in all you people?
Quote by voleurz
Last edited by TDG Tabs at Jan 4, 2009,
Nice is not a feeling, nice is a way to describe a manner.
You are speaking way too ****ing high of yourself, that is all we are saying.
Maybe if you edited atleast 8 of the "a"s in "Waaaaaaaay better" maybe we wouldn't think you were talking about yourself like you were Steve Vais ****ing mentor.

Start a band with him.

Report back and tell me which one of you decided to end it due to fighting all of the time.
thats how a band works. you make up a riff and the rest of the guys put their own thing on it. its not called re-writing. And if you've been together for two years, how have you only just picked up the instrument??
Epiphone les paul custom
Epiphone les paul 56' reissue goldtop
Custom Telecaster
Boss ME-50
Digitech flanger
Digitech Hot Head
Marshall MG100DFX

Unmarked P-bass
Johnson J-style
Aria STB jazzbass
Fender Rumble 100
Quote by Second Rate
I'm sorry if this is a little off topic, but i have a question. Do you live outside of the fabric of space and time?

sorry, sorry, i know this thread is older than dirt. i just needed to tell everyone that THIS is what a propper response to a douche should look like! A+ for creativity and making me LMFAO!
Quote by TDG Tabs

^^^ Anyone else notice this??? I think someone is bullshitting us. Just let this thread die.

And I highly doubt if you've been playing three months you can play every atreyu song... or even three days grace... at least not well..
Quote by Da Squiz
You sound like an arrogant douche bag.

yupyupyupyup.
im trying to think is it physically possible for you to learn all of three days grace and atreyu's songs
not sure abotu TDG but i know atreyu have 4 full length albums and a couple of EPs which although not musical perfection are pretty difficult especially for a beginner and thats atleast 50 odd songs:|
even if you learnt a song a day everyday since you started i don't think its possible let alone to learn to play well enough to play there songs..
don't bs cause people won't take you seriously and wont help you
if you came here and what you said was honest i'd have said you might aswell keep jamming with him even if you do have to teach him because thats the best way to improve yourself so really what hav you got to loose