I wanted to go see metallica while they toured U.K cause im a big fan and hell i may have to wait ages for them to come again.

I searched all of the ticket sites but kept getting turned down because of the price.

Its really ****ing annoying when you get people 'gobbling' up the tickets and selling them for double the price, not only does it stop people like me going, cause im not swimming in money so cant spend £100+ to go but sooner or later the tickets just don't sell and slots don't get filled.

I think ALL tickets should use the Glastonbury scheme where you have to send of identification of whoever is going to purchase the tickets.

Obviously not so much with like, £20 tickets at a small venue but big gigs with big bands.

I guess there's not much that can be done cause the band gets their money and they don't really care otherwise.

Feel free to share you thoughts and opinions.
Jackson ke3
Marshall ms-4
Boss me-50
Roland cube 30
Randall rg75 g3
I am much amused by the image of ticket gobblers, lol.

Yeah it does suck. I paid well over the odds for the Slipknot/Machine Head/CoB gig. If I can't go to a show I always sell my ticket for what I paid for it.

Places like eBay etc are trying to implement better regs about this sort of thing.
i was in the exact same situation, that damn fan club bought them before they went on sale for everyone else

,--.-'-,--.
\ /-~-\ /
/ )' a a `( \
( ( ,---. ) )
THIS WAS MEANT TO BE A PIG
\ `(_o_o_)' /
\ `-' /
| |---| |
[_] [_]
I don't think they should do the ID thing because if you actually do have to sell your ticket for a genuine reason you're screwed. I think sites like ebay should clamp down on this, but they don't care because they are making money from it.
It's your own fault if you've just started looking for tickets now. If you got your arse into gear when the tickets were announced and were in the know you could have easily got tickets in the presale (like me and my mates) or on the day they were released. You wouldn't have had a hope even if touts weren't around because I can guarantee they would have been sold by now anyway.
I agree with david, but there must be a way to get around it. Im not a world famous musician but even if i was getting the money, i think keeping fans happy would be somewhere on the agenda.

I did look the day i found out they were touring but i had no money untill just before christmas and it was too late by then.
Jackson ke3
Marshall ms-4
Boss me-50
Roland cube 30
Randall rg75 g3
i got metallica tickets standing and everything for probably the gig your talking about (02 arena on the friday) through pre-sale. seriously, it was a little online store which i found through the download festival forums.

moral, hunt a few days before release and then reap the rewards. i was thinking of buying some to sell at the selling price (if that makes any sense, sort of like scalping, but more like robin hood)
I hate scalpers. The only time I've had spare tickets to sell on at the gig i've sold them for less than I've bought them.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
i did it for the take that reunion concert..i sold 8 tickets for 1400 quid. initially my family wanted to go then they couldnt and i wasnt going to that crap. if people are willing to pay it its their loss.
And what about people who buy a ticket then genuinely can't go? They shouldn't be able to resell their tickets?
A little tip for in the future. Normally the big arena venues have pre sales themselves (I know the metro arena in Newcastle do). All you do to get access to this is subscribe to the venues newsletter. For the Metallica tickets, I got an email with a code on the Wednesday I believe, and I managed to get tickets in the venue presale on the Thursday before they went on general sale on the Friday. Hope this helps in the future for you.
Anyone got any information if metallica are re-touring the u.k?

And they are welcome to genuinely sell their tickets, just not at double, or sometimes triple the price.
Jackson ke3
Marshall ms-4
Boss me-50
Roland cube 30
Randall rg75 g3
Quote by david_safc
A little tip for in the future. Normally the big arena venues have pre sales themselves (I know the metro arena in Newcastle do). All you do to get access to this is subscribe to the venues newsletter. For the Metallica tickets, I got an email with a code on the Wednesday I believe, and I managed to get tickets in the venue presale on the Thursday before they went on general sale on the Friday. Hope this helps in the future for you.

yeah i did that for the metallica tix as well but im not bothered about going they arent great live now, fortunately most of the bands i like dont sell out like tool opeth etc
Get your tickets when they first go on sale. Or the presale as people have mentioned. Problem solved, quit bitching about it.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
what they should do is have a uk wide membership system for all venues you register and you get a photo id, and on the return of this you get the earliest presale tix and they venue gets to check everyones age coming in and buying drinks or anyone who is banned.
It's called scalping. Yeah it sucks.
I heard some scheme where you need to give them the names of the people using the tickets and then show them photo ID at the door so they know it's actually you. It seems like a good idea. I think it was Trent Reznor that started doing that.
Gear:
Fender CP Jazzmaster
Schecter PT Custom w/ Dimarzio crunch lab/liquifire
Marshall JCM2000 DSL+Orange 4x12
Orange Tiny Terror+Mesa Electra Dyne 2x12
Boss TU-2/NS-2/DD-6
Maxon OD808

MY BAND!
Ticketmaster ain't helping either with their stupid resale site. And you just know that its Ticketmaster itself buying like 30% of the tickets and then reselling them in their own auction type site. Its stupid. You either buy the tickets in the first 5-8 minutes of them being on sale or you pay over double the price later.
Gear:
Jackson Dinky DK2L
Epiphone LP Standard
Yamaha Acoustic
Bugera 1990 w/ Peavey 2x12 cab
Tis annoying as hell, its annoying we cant do **** to stop it.
Jackson ke3
Marshall ms-4
Boss me-50
Roland cube 30
Randall rg75 g3
One thing about most big websites that is true - they are greedy cunts out to make money in any way they possibly can. Sites like ebay, ticketmaster, play.com don't care that their customers are paying 200% the price for tickets, as long as they're making money out of it they aren't going to change.
I've never had that problem with music before because if there's a concert I want to go to I buy online immediately. Other than music, I bought tickets to the NFL, Patriots perfect season, last game of the year (vs. the Giants in NY..well NJ) but I bought them mid-season before there was even talk of a perfect season. I was pissed when I got the tickets which I paid $280 each for and they said $98.00 on them. However when the game came around and they were going for $500-1000 I was pretty happy, I seriously considered selling them. Good times.
It should be illegal everywhere, but it isn't.
Lately in Sweden they have started to use new booking-systems to make it harder to sell on the tickets, although it's not illegal. It will be soon though, i hope.
¯|(°_o)/¯