Hey guys, I know a lot of you prefer tube amps and today while at GC I tested out the Peavy Windsor 100w all tube half stack. WOW! For the money it is a great tube amp. I played thru it for about an hour using an Epi Prophecy LP with EMGs. Musicians Friend has them on sale for $499.99 GC has them for $679.99 but will match MF price from what I understand. IMHO it sounded just as good as the Marshall JCM800 half stack I tried for comparison at 1/6th the price. Actually about the price of most SS amp half stacks.

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Peavey-Windsor-All-Tube-Half-Stack?sku=485059

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Peavey-Windsor-100W-All-Tube-Half-Stack-485059-i1320783.gc

If you get a chance try one out. If I wasn't tapped after the holiday it would have come home with me today.

John
Damn, these things always go on sale when I don't have any money
Did you know the odds of a Vault-Tec shelter failing are 1,763,497 to 1?

So imagine life in a Vault-Tec Vault. Not just a future.
A brighter future... underground.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.
I have used one and know someone who ownes it. Amazing amp, get it
-Jake Blackwood
That sounds like a great deal. If I were American I'd probably buy one, but I live in England so I've got to make do with dirt cheap vintage Marshalls being everywhere..poor me.
Let's see... cheaper than MG, better than MG. Good deal... The only issue is that it is in AMERICA (I am Canadian)
Ibanez SA-120 (ed.2006)
BluesJr 1996-B + cathode follower + texas Heat
Crate CPB150
Homemade 4 x 10 cab Bass closeback
Metal Muff
Peavey are a leader in the budget area of the market. The Windsor, the Classics, and the 5150 are all significantly cheaper than the competition, and still offer satisfactory performance.

It's good stuff.
If its the amp you want then yea get it. They dont seem to have the reliabiltiy issues many amps do in this price range. But it does lack in the versatility department.