Anybody wish to start one to play some System of a Down and Avenged Sevenfold-type material? I sing and do a bit of guitar, so if I'm looking for a lead, drummer and bassist. As soon as it's full, we'll set up an online voice chat room for practise (Such as Team Speak or so).

Anyone interested?
ok, it sounds like a good idea, but i dont really follow. an online band? give us some more info
Key gear:
Gibson Les Paul BFG Gary Moore (Lemon Burst)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom (Alpine White)
BC Rick Mockingbird ST (Red Quilt)
Laney IronHeart 60 watt head w/4x12 cab
Boss V-Wah
It's quite simple really. We organize practices on MSN or through UG, and then we all connect to a voice-based chatroom where we can chat and practice. When we have perfected a song, we all record our pieces separately and compile them into one file. Simple enough.
optimistic aswell...imagine playing drums into msn!!! haha..infact imagine what the guy on the other end would hear
Quote by SinisterStrieth
Well, do you have any better ideas?

Get everyone to record their part of the song along to a metronome, combine everyone's recordings.
it is a great idea, as i am one who avoids all social encounters, but i see a major flaw. you won't be able to change things on the spot, all changes will require rerecording, and this will add considerable time spent on things non musical.