So I picked it up today for $150, which seems like a lot but I'm sure it will be worth it.

Just a question:

Each frequency can be lowered or raised by 12dB or whatever - what is each number in relevance to say, the EQ on my amp?

Not sure how to really word it, but simply put, I kind of want the EQ settings on my pedal to match up to the EQ settings on my amp.
Quote by XxGibsonSGxX
So I picked it up today for $150, which seems like a lot but I'm sure it will be worth it.

Just a question:

Each frequency can be lowered or raised by 12dB or whatever - what is each number in relevance to say, the EQ on my amp?

Not sure how to really word it, but simply put, I kind of want the EQ settings on my pedal to match up to the EQ settings on my amp.

The pedal sliders are basically your amp EQ knobs but divided with more control over specific frequencies. The first three sliders are basically bass, next three mids and then treble/presence. You want to match the amp EQ to the pedal? That would kinda defeat the purpose of the pedal, I'd set up your amp the way you like it and silghtly cut/boost the pedal sliders to see if you can enhance the sound any.
Epi Les Paul-APH1/Mean 90
MIM Strat

Korg DTR1000
ADA MP-1
Mesa/Boogie Quad Pre
Mesa/Boogie Midi Matrix
<power amp>

Quote by rhcp_freak
If you're EQ'd loose, you'll sound loose anyway.
I just wanted to enhance the sound a little, but I've been fooling around a bit with it.

Is it better in the loop? Right now it's in front of my amp, but it buzzes SO badly... rawrrr...

I hope I can figure this out a bit.
Quote by XxGibsonSGxX
I just wanted to enhance the sound a little, but I've been fooling around a bit with it.

Is it better in the loop? Right now it's in front of my amp, but it buzzes SO badly... rawrrr...

I hope I can figure this out a bit.

Put it in the loop and leave the gain/volume sliders alone for now, just mess with the freq sliders.
Epi Les Paul-APH1/Mean 90
MIM Strat

Korg DTR1000
ADA MP-1
Mesa/Boogie Quad Pre
Mesa/Boogie Midi Matrix
<power amp>

Quote by rhcp_freak
If you're EQ'd loose, you'll sound loose anyway.
start with the treble and then bass... adjust mids to taste...

start with them at 0 and go from there... also, why did you get the eq? solo boost? tighten things up?

the sample settings in the booklet are a great start... another thing to look at is people pedalboard pics...
I like the Sparkly Clean setting in the booklet, it's cool.

I was just hoping to tighten up my tone for the most part - didn't really need a solo boost.

I do think I will need some new pickups that can handle a bit of gain, though.

Any suggestions? Stock singles are alright, but frik, they hum and squeal quite a bit.
Quote by XxGibsonSGxX

Just a question:

Each amp has a natural tendency in it's eq. For instance, Marshall has a natural midrange and doesn't need to be adjusted as much. If you wanna find out, put all your settings on the MXR to 0 and adjust to what is needed.
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400
Marshall 1987 JCM-800 2210 100W

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society

....you spent $150 on it?

ooooooooooh your in canada. nevermind. what is that in USD?
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.

Quote by mcraddict81592
....you spent $150 on it?

ooooooooooh your in canada. nevermind. what is that in USD?

I mean 123.32 USD...
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400
Marshall 1987 JCM-800 2210 100W

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society

I think I shall try that tomorrow.

So, if I reduce the dB on a certain frequency, that will cut some edge off of the tone? Sorry, I dunno the terms to use... I'm really screwed up right now, lololol.