My first Electric Guitar. I was going for a Gibson Les Paul, but my friend told me just to get a Burswood Fender for now as that is what He used at first and although it's not a well known brand, they are quality guitars for what you pay.

Also, I practise six hours a day on this thing and it hardly goes out of tune.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
although it's not a well known brand

...troll?
so you wanted to buy a guitar over 1000 bucks when you didn't even knew how to play yet...?
A hero of war, Yeah that's what I'll be

(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)
Quote by SinisterStrieth

My first Electric Guitar. I was going for a Gibson Les Paul, .

you need shot, unless you earned than money, even then

ive been playing 3 years, and my total equiptment barely tops £300 and you want a guitar at £1500
Bazza

Epiphone Les Paul Special ll w/ an SD Dimebucker and a Dean Zebra neck pup
Bugera 333xl Head
Bugera 412-bk Cab
Roland Cube 15
Behringer Hell Babe Wah
Dan Electro tuna-melt
EHX Metal Muff

Bugera Lover!
obvious troll is obvious
Gear:

Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Traynor YCV40 Custom Valve Combo Amp
Crybaby GCB-95 Wah
Boss DD-3 Digital Delay
Digitech RP-50
lol whats wrong with getting a gibson for your first guitar?
Quote by postmortem2006

Give him something he can appreciate.

Herpes maybe.
k cool
Did you know the odds of a Vault-Tec shelter failing are 1,763,497 to 1?

So imagine life in a Vault-Tec Vault. Not just a future.
A brighter future... underground.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.
Quote by rambelpalsis
lol whats wrong with getting a gibson for your first guitar?

Its too advanced of a guitar for a beginer
Bazza

Bugera 333xl Head
Bugera 412-bk Cab
Roland Cube 15
Behringer Hell Babe Wah
Dan Electro tuna-melt
EHX Metal Muff

Bugera Lover!
Quote by bazzabalboa
Its too advanced of a guitar for a beginer

no, how can a guitar be too advance for a beginner, theres no such thing. so ur sayig if you had enough money to buy a really good guitar you would buy a crappy one just because your a beginner IMO it saves you time and money buying a guitar you enjoy and love at the start
Quote by postmortem2006

Give him something he can appreciate.

Herpes maybe.
Quote by rambelpalsis
no, how can a guitar be too advance for a beginner, theres no such thing. so ur sayig if you had enough money to buy a really good guitar you would buy a crappy one just because your a beginner IMO it saves you time and money buying a guitar you enjoy and love at the start

Yeah, i suppose your right. But i really think that someone to do that has to be totally dedicated.
Bazza

Bugera 333xl Head
Bugera 412-bk Cab
Roland Cube 15
Behringer Hell Babe Wah
Dan Electro tuna-melt
EHX Metal Muff

Bugera Lover!
Quote by gunstallica
if your a beginner strats are just right i think

If you're a beginner, acoustic is best to start with.
wow.
Just wow.
You were going to get a les paul as your first guitar, and thought Fender were an unknown brand?
wow.
Love is my religion
I lol @ people who get mad when a newbie buys an expensive guitar. Sure, like me, most of you probably started out with something ****ty. (I started with a 100$ guitar and 50$ amp) but when you think about it, wouldn't you of loved to start with a Gibson, or some other expensive guitar?
Guitars:
'11 Gibson Buckethead LP
'97 Fender Cali Series Strat
?? Samick Bass
'01 Fernandes Dragonfly Elite
Lol my beginner guitar costs like $150. I love it, it does everything I need it to do. Fender strat is a good, solid guitar for a beginner.
Rip Kylee Harris 4.13.93-11.28.08
Quote by Capt_Clarkson
tell him that he is the drummer and that his opinions are invalid

Quote by Jim Harkins
I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather. Not screaming in terror like his passengers.

I would have loved to start wit a les paul, or evn a fender!
-Jake Blackwood
I'm not great, but have a BFDR and a 60s CS Stratocaster. Good gear motivates me to play more. HOWEVER, I would reccomend getting a MIM Standard as a FIRST, this is my second set of gear, and I'm keeping these.
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
Quote by timsterII
If you're a beginner, acoustic is best to start with.

No.

People want to play what they listen to. If someone doesn't listen to acoustic music, an acoustic guitar wouldn't be the right thing for them.
Gibson Les Paul Studio Deluxe/Ibanez RGA42/LTD EC401vf
Into:
Whammy IV>Pitchblack>Dunlop 536Q>Fulltone Fulldrive 2>Hardwire TL-2>MXR 10 Band>Line 6 M13
Into:
80s Carvin x100b w/ cab
God I really envy you. But seriously, get a good amp since you can afford something like that.
Quote by SinisterStrieth

My first Electric Guitar. I was going for a Gibson Les Paul, but my friend told me just to get a Burswood Fender for now as that is what He used at first and although it's not a well known brand, they are quality guitars for what you pay.

My bad. I thought it was a Fender. Lol
Last edited by GuitarGuy X at Dec 28, 2008,
i love these threads where all the kids who started on whatever crap gear they got their parents to buy em get all aggro
PRS Custom 22
Fender American Stratocaster
Fender Road Worn Telecaster
Fairclough Sky Accoustic

Laney VC15-110
Roland MicroCube
Quote by SinisterStrieth
It's not Fender?

Bingo. Pay attention to what TS has said, it's a BURSWOOD fender copy. The brand Burswood isn't well known, but a reasonable copy. It even says so on his gear pics:
http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/SinisterStrieth/pictures/gear/499915/

TS, enjoy your first, and don't let people on the internet who cannot read or pay attention to a thread bring you down. Hope the guitar makes you happy
Quote by dandadog
Bingo. Pay attention to what TS has said, it's a BURSWOOD fender copy. The brand Burswood isn't well known, but a reasonable copy. It even says so on his gear pics:
http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/SinisterStrieth/pictures/gear/499915/

TS, enjoy your first, and don't let people on the internet who cannot read or pay attention to a thread bring you down. Hope the guitar makes you happy

Beat me to it.
Yeah, we would've all started on Gibsons or High-end Fenders if we had the choice.
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
fender an unkown brand?
are you high?
and its not exactly wise to buy a les paul for your first guitar because, #1 if you dont stick with it, or youjust dont like guitar that much, you just threw away $2,000.
and #2, all the guitar players who have been playing and playing for years and years ad are better than you will be pissed off at you
EDIT: nvm its BURSWOOD fender....teehee
ffs people, read threads properly!
Quote by SinisterStrieth

I think he meant his friend told him to get a cheap copy of a fender made by a company called Burswood instead of a gibson les paul because there's no point starting with such an expensive guitar - also maybe he didn't realise gibsons were so expensive, being a beginner?
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
oh i actually thought he meant Sunburst Fender. Should be Burswood Stratocaster.
Guitars
Jackson SL3MG
Ibanez RGR321EX
Kramer 120
Bass
Epiphone Embassy Standard V
Amp
Engl Ritchie Blackmore Signature
Pick
Jim Dunlop Max Grip Carbon Jazz III
Effects
Boss CH-1 Super Chorus
Quote by Gryphon999
oh i actually thought he meant Sunburst Fender. Should be Burswood Stratocaster.

For most beginners, the strat is the only Fender they know about.. So it would make sense to refer to the shape as a Fender when he doesn't know any of the technicalities. At least he can recognise his guitar is a copy, not the real deal.