So i was asked to be in two bands and agreed to both, since i have plenty of time to spare. I will play bass in one and guitar in the other. The problem is i only have enough money for one amp. I have decided to get an acoustic b200 bass amp.

Now my Question is this: Will playing guitar through a bass amp sound bad? Will my tone be affected?

Also I know there are similar threads but im asking about tone, not whether or not it is ok to play guitar thru bass amps.
well....all i can say is that its not as bad as playing bass through guitar amp.
Quote by jonnyrotten45
of course, we start talking about pizza, and end talking about putting our dicks in various objects, god bless the pit

Quote by lee 31392
I fapped over Louis Walsh.

Metal sucks
second time today?
I love my keyboardist, he's hot.

Quote by phlip999
The Pit is the epitome of higher learning and full of intillectual people who help the masses solve their problems.

The Llama Forum Bagel Group
It will definetly affect your tone, your guitar wont sound like a guitar through a bass amp, it'll sound like, surprise, a bass (more or less at least).

The bass amp can handle the frequency signals a guitar is designed with, so it wont affect anything internally or cause any damage to either the guitar or the amp. However, playing a bass through a guitar amp is a different story.
Got a question about Baritone guitars? Feel free to PM me.

Thanks to UG, I converted from Metalcore to some "real" Metal.
Some of the people in this thread are talking out the bum'oley, it'll work perfectly well and sound fine. You'll need a pedal if you want any overdrive though.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
I wouldn't reccomend it, you'll have such a terrible tone.
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
It will sound really stale, but just play through a Behringer distortion pedal on there and your set!
(cue sarcasm)
Quote by bradulator
Iceland has the coolest women.
Wow, most people that answered on this thread clearly never played a guitar trough a bass amp, it does not sound that bad at all, you'll be fine
IMO, it sounds crap if you have any distortion. The cleans are quite nice though.
Quote by Neopowell the PUSO
Girls, stuck for a present? Get your man a remote control helicopter. Guys fucking love remote control helicopters.

Mah gear

Ibanez RG350mdx w/ SD TB-6
Ibanez RG7321 <3
Vyper 15
Ashdown EB 12-180 EVO II Combo

7>6!
Sigh. Some people in here really don't know what they're talking about. Many legendary guitar amps were actually Bass amps. (Hint: Fender Bassman)

If I'm not mistaken I think the JTM's were originally bass amps as well.
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

New Amp Fund: Depleted
If my history is correct wasn't marshall made from a fender bass amp back in the day?
Yeah, im going to play using a MI audio crunchbox or a Metal muff, so yeah i hope it doesnt sound like crap....
Quote by mike.h
Sigh. Some people in here really don't know what they're talking about. Many legendary guitar amps were actually Bass amps. (Hint: Fender Bassman)

If I'm not mistaken I think the JTM's were originally bass amps as well.

+1
/thread