I'm starting to get into a lot more than what I used to, and I'm finding it hard to find some good pieces to play along to. Before anyone says, I know how to construct walking lines, improvisation, etc (I don't mean to sound cocky). So what are some good jazz compositions with interesting chord sequences that I could write a walking line for?

Thanks guys.
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
Any classic jazz piece is great.

i.e. Witchcraft could be a fun song to add a few fills.
The thing is, I don't really know any of the jazz classics to be honest. I've probably heard (of) them, but i wouldn't be able to name them.
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
Quote by fleajr_1412
The thing is, I don't really know any of the jazz classics to be honest. I've probably heard (of) them, but i wouldn't be able to name them.

I had that problem also when I was learning guitar. I had an utter thirst to learn jazz pieces so i did the obvious- googled it.

This is a great powertab site despite the fact that it is for guitar, i think you could find some peices here that you would enjoy.

http://www.starglasses.net/tabs-in-powertab-format/

If you do not have powertabs and would not like to download the powertab program(it is a free program), than i suggest just starting with a simple search for those jazz artists that you know. Miles Davis, John Coltrane, Louis Armstrong or anybody that you know can get you jumpstarted to learning about many different jazz artist such as Chick Corea or Thelonious Monk.

It's all about the research and your will. Hope this helped.
Quote by watchingmefall
Get a Real Book

This.

It has the head for the song with the chord charts. Bebop jazz is really cool for bass and is ideal for working the head (melody) and being able to artfully throw in a chord here and there as accents. I did up versions of Jordu and Scrapple from the Apple, Hackensack along with the dreaded Autumn Leaves for a class that way.

Mingus, Charlie Parker, Coltrane, Miles Davis and Herbie Hancock. Go to a free listening site like last.fm and just start listening to songs and then seek out a Real book and start having fun.
Make your own? Try making a simple jazz peice like 2 5 1 or 1 4 2 5.
-Instruments-
Squier frankenbass
LTD Deluxe EC-1000 in Vintage Black
1960's Banjuke