Hi all,

Well I need help with choosing an amp which i want. I am looking for a tube amp. I basically want a good tube amp(like anyone would want) that is good with both clean and gain. I heard the Peavey Classic 30 was good with cleans and i dont know how good on gain. How much gain is it possible to play with this amp? Would a high gain pedal sound good with this amp enough to play metal? I also heard about Laney amps but i know close to nothing about these amps. I do plan on gigging with these amps but 30w is enough. I am willing to buy used and am looking for amps around the price range of $600 atleast, so itd be easier to buy used and stuff, but if there are amps that cost more just suggest them anyway. Thanks everyone. If i missed anything let me know.

EDIT: How are the B-52 AT-112 60 Watt amps? I played once before and i liked the tone, but i hardly used it or got to play around with the settings so i dont know anything bout this amp either, thanks.
My Gear:
Fender MIM Standard Stratocaster
Squire Stratocaster
Vox AD30VT
Boss DS-1
Boss Super Chorus
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah Pedal
Last edited by Tarts42 at Dec 27, 2008,
Quote by Tarts42

EDIT: How are the B-52 AT-112 60 Watt amps? I played once before and i liked the tone, but i hardly used it or got to play around with the settings so i dont know anything bout this amp either, thanks.

Go try out that amp again extensively; best way to get an opinion on an amp!

Also, would you consider going used? What kind of music do you listen to?
i don't know much about the b-52 but i've heard its a GREAT deal... good metal tones, plenty of volume, and for only $360 according to guitarcenter.com
My gear:
PRS SE custom
~!~--Peavey XXX super 40 EFX --~!~
Peavey VK 112

===WGS Vet30
===JJ power tubes

---Pedals:
-ISP Decimator
-Digitech Bad Monkey
-Crybaby wah
-Korg Pitchblack
-Danelectro FnC EQ
Yeah im willing to buy used. The B-52 kinda looks to good to be true, cheap, tube, and sounds good (so far). Any cons with it?
My Gear:
Fender MIM Standard Stratocaster
Squire Stratocaster
Vox AD30VT
Boss DS-1
Boss Super Chorus
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah Pedal