Israel started bombing the Gaza strip to try and destroy Hamas' military after the truce between the two sides was broken a few days ago. So far approx. 250 palestinians have been killed. Hamas have said that they will retaliate with suicide bombers while Israel has stated that they will continue the attacks for as long as necessary. They also threatened to bring in land forces (so far there have only been aerial attacks).

From wiki:
The truce between Israel and Hamas in the Gaza Strip expired on December 19. On December 13, Israel announced that it was in favor of extending it, provided Hamas adheres to its conditions.[4] On December 20, Hamas officially announced an end to the truce, and resumed its shelling of the western Negev.[5] On December 22, the IDF killed three Palestinian militants who were planting explosives on the Gaza border. Israel was also reluctant to open the border crossings, which had been closed since November.[6] On December 24, the Negev was hit by more than 60 mortar shells and Katyusha and Qassam rockets, and the IDF was given a green light to operate.[7] Launched during the Jewish holiday of Hanukkah, the operation was codenamed after a Hanukkah poem by Haim Nachman Bialik referring to a "dreidel cast from solid lead".[8]

I will post more updates on the situation shortly.

Discuss.

(I feel this deserves its own thread, instead of just posting in the political thread. Close it if you really feel the need to...)
Whats new? Israel continues to murder innocent civilians...Same old same old.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
I hope the US stays out of this. We should just cut off all aid to Israel and let them deal with it.
It's called "Thinning the herd"

Seriously though, these people need to get their heads out of their asses or there will be no land left to claim victory.
Quote by Spamwise
I hope the US stays out of this. We should just cut off all aid to Israel and let them deal with it.

That would be funny as hell, it would result in the Palestinians and Israelites slapping each other.

Anyways, I think I should post a Tim Minchin song here:

You don't eat pigs,
We don't eat pigs,
It seems it's been that way forever

So if you don't eat pigs,
And we don't eat pigs,
Why not, not eat pigs together?
Quote by Spamwise

im sure the jews in the senate would disagree

Silence!
(I dont keel you!)
I say let them go at it. Its a sad situation, but its been boiling for years, and it looks like nothing is going to make it stop, except war.
Quote by TunerAddict

Well this is different. It's been 60years since that many people died after one day of attacks in Israel/Palestine.

Quote by Spamwise

The US have already become pretty involved. The US holds Hamas responsible for all the recent attacks in the Gaza strip... according to reuters.

The US have already become pretty involved. The US holds Hamas responsible for all the recent attacks in the Gaza strip... according to reuters.

I guess this will be like the Russia-Georgia conflict, then. We just ignore the facts and toss blame where we always do.
Quote by Matt420740
I say let them go at it. Its a sad situation, but its been boiling for years, and it looks like nothing is going to make it stop, except war.

That's pretty stupid and ignorant.
Quote by TunerAddict

In their defense, they got a lot of their civilians murdered too
Quote by Matt420740

How will war make it stop? Unless you manage to COMPLETELY demolish the enemy, it won't do shit...
Quote by TunerAddict

Ehh? I'm pretty sure I just read that the Palestinians are the ones that rejected the extension of the truce and attacked Israel.

EDIT: And there has been fighting in the Middle East literally since there have been people there. It has never ended, and it will never end. That's just the way it is.
We're only strays.
I'm sorry but Nazis trying to kill you off "x" amount of years ago does not =start fighting everyone you can think of just because the US is going to supply your ass!

Edit:Oh,the Palestinians started it??!!They can suck a big one too!

"This is Sierra-259, you got Spartans on the ground, sir. We're not going anywhere."

Fender Partscaster

Vox AC4TV

Korg Pitchblack Tuner
TC Electronics Nova Repeater
Electro Harmonix Big Muff Pi
MXR Micro Amp
EH Holy Grail Reverb
Quote by Portuguese_boy
That would be funny as hell, it would result in the Palestinians and Israelites slapping each other.

Anyways, I think I should post a Tim Minchin song here:

You don't eat pigs,
We don't eat pigs,
It seems it's been that way forever

So if you don't eat pigs,
And we don't eat pigs,
Why not, not eat pigs together?

+1 to the tim minchin quote
Quote by Spamwise
I guess this will be like the Russia-Georgia conflict, then. We just ignore the facts and toss blame where we always do.
The Jews
the ladies love when i gyrate my ass in front of a graveyard
So the truce is broken because the Palestinian government didn't want it extended. Then Israel kills 250+ innocent civilians. Yeah, pretty much justified, don't you think?
Quote by Roookie
So the truce is broken because the Palestinian government didn't want it extended. Then Israel kills 250+ innocent civilians. Yeah, pretty much justified, don't you think?

Where'd you find that fact?
We're only strays.
Quote by yingyangthang
In their defense, they got a lot of their civilians murdered too

You make me lol.

The Israeli government is killing civilians.

Palestinian terrorists kill some Israelis.

Which is in the right? Neither. But there is no reason for a government to punish an entire society for the deeds of a few...

And I mean, its not like the Palestinian to Israeli death ratio is 3:1. Yeah, Israeli kills 3 palestinians for every israeli killed.

Israel is a corrupt, evil, murderous country. Its not its people, but the leaders. The Israeli people are good people in general as are the Palestinians. Its the Israeli leaders who are hungry for power and full of hate, and this Palestinian millitant minority that want the same that cause this bull****.

The truth is, Israel shouldn't exist. It shouldn't. They had NO right to in the first place. You can't justify stealing land from people. It was wrong and its by far the biggest mistake the UN has ever done in its history in my opinion.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.

The truth is, Israel shouldn't exist. It shouldn't. They had NO right to in the first place. You can't justify stealing land from people. It was wrong and its by far the biggest mistake the UN has ever done in its history in my opinion.

I agree. But it can't be undone now, and we can't simply give the land back. They have to find a way to co-exist, as unjust as it is.
Quote by TunerAddict

It's a bit too late to kick the entire Israeli population out of there don't you think... It is not a solution to the Arab-Israeli conflict.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/7800985.stm

I read it today here. Hamas broke the treaty by attacking Isreal with rockets. This is an act of war. Isreal are fully entitled to defend themselves. Im not Jewish and I am not from Isreal but the Jews have been demonised in this situation for too long now. Isreal did not intentionally want to go in and start killing people. Isreal is defending its people and its borders from attacks by militant groups such as Hamas.

Isreal are not going for innocent civillians deliberately. These groups hide amongst the population deliberately as they know this will give the Isreali's a bad name when civillians start dying. Can people get some percpective here. When Isreal was formed in 1948, the land occupied previously was a peninsula owned by the British. It wasnt Arab land. A deal was struck to share the land and the Arabs rejected it, and when Isreal was formed, it was attacked by surrounding Arab nations. How is Isreal to blame for constant attacks against its borders? How is Isreal to blame when Arab nations closed the door to Palestinian refugees that they promised they would take in? Like I said, Isreal is being demonised. It has and always will, defend its borders. They have a right to defend themselves against attacks against them. Fine, Isreal isnt totally innocent in these situations, but frankly, how else do you handle this situation?

In this exact situation, Isreal wanted to EXTEND the truce, but Hamas attacked for no reason. What choice does Isreal have but defend itself? Civillians will always die. Isreal are going for actual known Hamas targets. Hamas are the ones targetting innocent citizens. Percpective. It makes a world of difference.
Sat in a lab, curing diseases. They actually LET me play with chemicals!
^ There was an Israeli attack killing five Palestinians the day before the Palestinian attack though, was there not?
There's only one thing we can do to thwart the plot of these albino shape-shifting lizard BITCHES!
I wonder if people are aware of the bombings that Gaza does on Israel.

It's funny how most articles slip the fact out that hundreds of missiles come from Gaza killing quite a lot of people and destroying a lot of property.

But who will believe us? We are Jews, they are Arabs, they got oil, we got stereotypes.
Purple string dampener scrunchy.
Quote by Guitar0player

It's funny how most articles slip the fact out that hundreds of missiles come from Gaza killing quite a lot of people and destroying a lot of property.

But who will believe us? We are Jews, they are Arabs, they got oil, we got stereotypes.

Israel is praised so much in American media it is ridiculous. They never broadcast any of the egregious acts Israel has commited. So please stfu.
Quote by Guitar0player

Arabs are really hated too, and palestinians don't really have oil.
Quote by Spamwise
Israel is praised so much in American media it is ridiculous. They never broadcast any of the egregious acts Israel has commited. So please stfu.

I wont, Israel has the right to do so, in order to protect it self.

If it was possible then the attack was not to happen, but it did, for a reason.

You think Israel enjoys this?

Stop stereotyping.
Quote by Portuguese_boy
Arabs are really hated too, and palestinians don't really have oil.

Yes, but not as Jews.
Quote by Guitar0player

Stop stereotyping.

How am I stereotyping?
Quote by Guitar0player

Stop stereotyping.

Fool.

Noone ever has the right to kill civilians. Israel kills innocent ppl all the time. They are murderers. Hamas are freedom fighters.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

Quote by Guitar0player
Yes, but not as Jews.

How do you know? Have you actually traveled around the world and studied which side people are on?
Quote by Spamwise
How am I stereotyping?

Because I cant think of a better reason why Israel is hated while Gaza is supported while both groups are equally offensive(and Israel is being actually more defensive).

We got enough fire power to wipe Gaza of the map, we could take this place and make real estate agencies out of it, we dont, because we are not what people image us to be.
Quote by TunerAddict
Fool.

Noone ever has the right to kill civilians. Israel kills innocent ppl all the time. They are murderers. Hamas are freedom fighters.

Hamas killed as many innocent people as Israel if not more.
Quote by TunerAddict
Fool.

I wouldn't really put it that way...