I re-recorded the song I posted the other day and my drummer wrote lyrics for it, I'll post those in the other forum haha, but this is just the guitar track for now.
It's the only song in my profile so yeah, and it was once again in one take so there are a bit of mistakes.

What're ya still reading for? Get to it!
This is our last chance.
Well, right off the bat, the first six seconds of the song are identical to a portion of a chorus in a metalcore song that I wrote about the same time you joined the site. Guess that goes to show how much you can do when the only frets you use are 0, 8, 7, and 5 . "Why so serious?" fits in well, because of the overall theme of the song, as well as the title. PWD reference, maybe?

The riff from 0:17 to 0:19 has been done so many times before it's expected in metalcore now. But the little bit that follows it for the next two seconds is fresh, haven't heard that one before. Nice variation on the second time around (0:23 to 0:24).

The whole next part (0:31 to 0:48ish) sounds familiar, but not too familiar. I feel like I've heard it before, but I'm not too sure. Sounds good though, nice change of pace.

Next part, from 0:49 to about 1:05 sounds a lot like the chorus from Trigger by In Flames, but you have some differences, so it's cool. I really like this part. Totally headbangable.

2:08 to 2:40is pretty good. Original stuff here. Love the pinch harmonics at 2:24 and at the end. Nice.

Good outro as well.

Overall, it's pretty good, and it flows really nicely, just like a real song should. Some people can't make things flow, it just turns into a collection of riffs. But this is good. Only problem is that it sounds like you're trying too hard to sound like your favorite bands. Nothing wrong with that, but it's all been done before.

You do have some original ideas in here, and this would be great to put lyrics and drums to. It's good stuff, sounds like something some of today's metalcore bands would write.
The way you started that off I thought it was going to be bad comments and stuff haha. But thank you for proving me wrong XD. I get where the sounding similar things come from, and I didn't really mean for that to happen, but in the end it kinda made the song for me.

And actually I'm at my drummers house now, working on lyrics and a drum part for it. So that'll probably be posted soon in the promote your band forum.

Quote by jetfuel495
It's good stuff, sounds like something some of today's metalcore bands would write.

And I take that as a pretty big compliment XD.
This is our last chance.
Not bad at all man. That track rocked pretty hard! I dont really have any expert analysis or anything, but it sounded pretty bomb. I love the "why so serious" at the beginning.
Get some lyrics/vocalsums in there and finish it.
My Gear
Yamaha Pacifica 112
Marshall G10 MKII
dude please use other notes besides 0 5 7 and 8. you sound like every other bad metalcore band. sorry to be harsh but seriously...can't you hear how generic sounding it is?
Quote by shakin'cakes
First of all, I enjoy deathcore for it's complexity and it's the only genre heavy enough for me

Quote by Highway60Bob
I want an amp good for playing hippie tunes. I want it to be an actual amp, not a tube amp.
Nick: Thank you, and we're working on it haha.

pmeg: Yeah, I do hear it. And I'm slowly but surely working my way out of that rut haha. I haven't been playing all that long so, yeah, forgot where I was going with that one.
This is our last chance.
Cool beans dude.

I'm really digging the clean work that you've got in there. and the Heavyier riffs I've fallen in love with, Although I do think that EQ for the distorted guitars needs a bit more high end to them.

Keep up the good work!
Check me stuff out in my profile, Tell me watcha think.
Quote by watchingmefall
This isn't happening, this isn't happening. (curls up in a ball and mutters something undecypherable)

Quote by Mike!
I just smoked a massive searchblunt yesterday...
Dont listen to those who tell you stop doing something. You do what you want. If it sounds good to you then thats all that matters. Yes, you want advice but for that type of music no one is original.

Song rocked. Play what you play.

Crit mine, Metal Riffs on page one in this forum..
The most talented man on earth...
Quote by DeadIdentity81
Yes, you want advice but for that type of music no one is original.

thats probably the most ignorant statement i've ever read.
Quote by shakin'cakes
First of all, I enjoy deathcore for it's complexity and it's the only genre heavy enough for me

Quote by Highway60Bob
I want an amp good for playing hippie tunes. I want it to be an actual amp, not a tube amp.