Ahhh!

I broke the high e string on my acoustic guitar, and I need to be able to play it tomorrow morning! The guitar stores in the area are closed for the day and won't open early enough.

I don't have a .012 string on hand, just a .016.

So my question is:
Do I use the thicker string, or do I go without?
if your playing chords you could go without the high e.
You can try substituting it too but it will be very tight since its a heavier gauge.
LIFE IS TOO SHORT NOT TO LET YOUR MIND SPREAD WINGS AND TAKE FLIGHT

Quote by KeepOnRotting
+Infinity. This dude knows good metal.
not really an answer to your question but, ask some friends? or basicly anyone you know who plays guitar. explain your situation and they'll probly have a spair one
Unfortunately, I don't have any guitar-playing friends that live less than a few hours drive from here.
Oi, well, you might be able to live without it, but I'm pretty sure a .16 would be alright for a temp.
My gear:
Schecter C-1+ w/ Seymour duncan Jazz (neck) and Full Shred (bridge), with Sperzels
B-52 LG-100A 4x12 half stack
Rogue LX405 Bass
Yamaha classical
Some sort of acoustic Squier
Boss Flanger
Lyon Chorus
Go without. To reach the required high E, a .016 gauge string would need to stretch beyond it's snapping point. Even if you could manage to get it tuned to pitch, it'll be so taught that it'd be very hard to play. Your safest bet would to play without it until you can get it replaced.