Hey Pit

I'm looking to go to a music college (contemporary, not classical) soon as I finish my A-Levels, I was wondering if anyone here had been to a good one, or knew of any good ones, anywhere in the world.

Ones that I've heard are supposed to be good are:
BIMM (Brighton/Bristol Institute of Modern Music)
Guitar-X
GIT (In LA)

Go for it Pit, could be interesting to see if any of you guys are college educated in music.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
You are a bad man...I like you

Quote by gillehy
you sir should be knighted

Quote by Sleaze Disease

It's so true.

I

MUSIC!!!
Berklee?
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
you do realize that a degree from most of those places would be useless for any job you may need to take that's non music related, I would recommend a liberal arts school (or the UK equivalent thereof) with a strong music program. That way you can get a degree in music from a normal college, which will look a lot better should you ever need to take a job outside of the music world.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by metaldud536

VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Guildford Academy of Contemporary Music
Guildhall School of Music and Drama has a Rock/Jazz department (I think)

I'm planning on going to music college, too. Probably either Guildhall or Royal College of Music, and I'd like to do the Performance course, with violin as my first instrument.
I'm planning on going to BIMM after this year as well.
Should be good
Quote by strat0blaster
HA!

Well played, my friend.

I'm going to edit that awful grammar right now

Yay, I'm sigged!!
And a grammar nazi..
I'm with National_Anthem, The ACM is apparently really good. I've never been in there, but loads of people go, and it looks like a lot of fun.
I'm a Fire, and I'll Burn.Burn.Burn.
Berklee is good I hear, if you can get a scholarship/can just plain afford it. I'm thinking of going to AIM (Atlanta Institute of Music), since I most likely wouldn't be able to go to Berklee.
My gear:
Schecter C-1+ w/ Seymour duncan Jazz (neck) and Full Shred (bridge), with Sperzels
B-52 LG-100A 4x12 half stack
Rogue LX405 Bass
Yamaha classical
Some sort of acoustic Squier
Boss Flanger
Lyon Chorus
I know a lot about bimm and to be honest with you, its not that great and its probably better off you going to an actual university. The course is basically teaching you to be professional in the music industry which is pretty much comman sense.
UG Profile

- Ibanez S470DX
- Orange Rockerverb 50 head
- Orange PPC212
- MXR Micro Amp
- CryBaby Wah

Member of the Matt Bellamy > Shred Club! PM Aidy Damage or Metallica708 to join!
Member Of The Orange Revolution Club
Quote by Venice King
Isn't it a bit late to be looking?

I'm assuming that he's thinking for next year or the year after, even.
Uhm, why?

Just enroll for jazz courses at your local community college. That way you can also take classes that will help you in life...classes that doesn't have to do with music.
Well I'm wanting to go into the music business as a living.

I mean, i know it takes a huge amount of luck and skill (well, occasionally) to make it big.

But I've always heard that you can easily make a living if you're good enough?

Tell me if I'm wrong about that though by all means
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
You are a bad man...I like you

Quote by gillehy
you sir should be knighted

Quote by Sleaze Disease

It's so true.

I

MUSIC!!!
Quote by dantheman558
Well I'm wanting to go into the music business as a living.

I mean, i know it takes a huge amount of luck and skill (well, occasionally) to make it big.

But I've always heard that you can easily make a living if you're good enough?

Tell me if I'm wrong about that though by all means

me too, bro, me too... But I would get along fine as a music manager, or Teacher, or hell, even a music therapist or roadie! all i need in life is a guitar and food. A woman would be nice, but its more of a commodity

edit: how are you on cash, bra? I would go to a JC with a good Music program, you will take some General Ed classes too.. Then switch into a 4 Year university or program after that, you might even be able to change majors by then if you don't feel fit for music, or it doesn't seam fit for you