I'm gonna buy a new guitar a couple months into 2009 once i have the money and i'm looking at the following:

Dean Razorback (love them all but will probably go with the Explosion)
ESP LTD EC1000
Gibson Studio Lespaul

currently i play a ESP LTD M100FM with Emg's in it...so for my next guitar i wanna move away from the 'strat' kinda shape...i've always loved the Les Paul body and who doesnt love the razorbacks? the only thing stopping from buying a razorback is the floyd rose bridge...my current guitar has one and i kinda want something that's easier to tune.. i play metal from metallica to lamb of god...children of bodom etc...also i play zeppelin and AC/DC-style stuff

which one of these guitars would you recommend and are there any others i should look at? price range is anything up to $1200US
i need a bishop preaching fire to get away with my sins...i despise everything i see so i dont give a fuck if ya HATE ME!
i recomend the LTD EC1000
lovely guitars

deans seriously arent worth the money
and the LTD is more suited to metal than the gibson
Top lel.
Quote by metallica4evr
I'm gonna buy a new guitar a couple months into 2009 once i have the money and i'm looking at the following:

Dean Razorback (love them all but will probably go with the Explosion)
ESP LTD EC1000
Gibson Studio Lespaul

currently i play a ESP LTD M100FM with Emg's in it...so for my next guitar i wanna move away from the 'strat' kinda shape...i've always loved the Les Paul body and who doesnt love the razorbacks? the only thing stopping from buying a razorback is the floyd rose bridge...my current guitar has one and i kinda want something that's easier to tune.. i play metal from metallica to lamb of god...children of bodom etc...also i play zeppelin and AC/DC-style stuff

which one of these guitars would you recommend and are there any others i should look at? price range is anything up to $1200US

get the les paul. gibson's the best.

esp is too stuck to one genre.

dean just blows kinda
Quote by douchewibbler
fail
Stay away from the dean, and that's just about everybody's 2 cents. (That adds up like to like a million cents! )

And yeah, I'd personally go for the Les Paul if you wanna try something different.
Guitars:
'11 Gibson Buckethead LP
'97 Fender Cali Series Strat
?? Samick Bass
'01 Fernandes Dragonfly Elite
first off, if your price range is only $1200, i seriously doubt you'll be able to afford the gibson. the cheapest gibson i've ever seen new was $1500. for the other 2, you should look around in your local guitar stores, and even if they don't have those models, look around for guitars with the same pickups and try those out. the EMG combination in the EC1000 can be found in a few other guitars, and the dimebucker setup can be found in any other dime guitar, whether razorback or not. i tried a flame ML brand new last night at samash, and was severly tiurned off by the sound of trhe dimebucker and whatever the neck pickup was. i don't know if it was because i was using a peavey 6505(never enjoyed peaveys) or because i didn't raise the volume above 1/2 because the noise was too much to handle, but it was not as good as my M100FM with british swineshead pickups running through my solid state crate amp, and it was at least 3 times the price tag.
Quote by HorsemanOfDeath
first off, if your price range is only $1200, i seriously doubt you'll be able to afford the gibson. the cheapest gibson i've ever seen new was $1500. for the other 2, you should look around in your local guitar stores, and even if they don't have those models, look around for guitars with the same pickups and try those out. the EMG combination in the EC1000 can be found in a few other guitars, and the dimebucker setup can be found in any other dime guitar, whether razorback or not. i tried a flame ML brand new last night at samash, and was severly tiurned off by the sound of trhe dimebucker and whatever the neck pickup was. i don't know if it was because i was using a peavey 6505(never enjoyed peaveys) or because i didn't raise the volume above 1/2 because the noise was too much to handle, but it was not as good as my M100FM with british swineshead pickups running through my solid state crate amp, and it was at least 3 times the price tag.

I'm pretty sure you can get a Les paul studio around the 1k mark.

Maybe even a LP standard if used.
Guitars:
'11 Gibson Buckethead LP
'97 Fender Cali Series Strat
?? Samick Bass
'01 Fernandes Dragonfly Elite
yeah the LP studio is around $1200...between that and the EC1000 is a tough call cuz i love the finishes on the EC but the LP is a gibson...can't beat gibson for quality...
i need a bishop preaching fire to get away with my sins...i despise everything i see so i dont give a fuck if ya HATE ME!
Quote by metallica4evr
yeah the LP studio is around $1200...between that and the EC1000 is a tough call cuz i love the finishes on the EC but the LP is a gibson...can't beat gibson for quality...

You can beat Gibson for quality, i think ther way to overated for what they are. I would go with the EC1000 with the SD pickups because there good for all type of music. its the best les paul shape guitar you can get for the price IMO.
My Gear:
-Guitars:
Schecter 30th Anniversary PT
Schecter V-7 Hellraiser
Schecter Demon 7 FR
Vintage VRS100
Amps:
Randall RG75 G3 Plus
Quote by Rob Rock
You can beat Gibson for quality, i think ther way to overated for what they are. I would go with the EC1000 with the SD pickups because there good for all type of music. its the best les paul shape guitar you can get for the price IMO.

agreed

however, he does want to play things like lamb of god/cob/metallica, all 3 of which use EMGs, so the EC with emgs still might be a better choice

the EC also has an EMG 60, which would be ok for lighter rock imo
Top lel.
Quote by the memory
agreed

however, he does want to play things like lamb of god/cob/metallica, all 3 of which use EMGs, so the EC with emgs still might be a better choice

Not all metal need active pickups, I personally rather a good sed of passive, but its personal taste
My Gear:
-Guitars:
Schecter V-7 Hellraiser
Schecter Demon 7 FR
Vintage VRS100
Amps:
Randall RG75 G3 Plus
Quote by Rob Rock
Not all metal need active pickups, I personally rather a good sed of passive, but its personal taste

yeh i know, im not a HUGE fan of actives myself

i guess i just prefer the EC series with EMGs
lol
Top lel.
Quote by the memory
yeh i know, im not a HUGE fan of actives myself

i guess i just prefer the EC series with EMGs
lol

Fair enough, its all about personal taste in the end
My Gear:
-Guitars:
Schecter V-7 Hellraiser
Schecter Demon 7 FR
Vintage VRS100
Amps:
Randall RG75 G3 Plus
Quote by Rob Rock
Fair enough, its all about personal taste in the end

yeh

best thing he can do is go try them both out

edit: just realised your from Scotland too! *e-high five*
Top lel.
EC 1000 fo sho. I tried it out (but didn't have the money to get it) and it is a very good quality guitar. Great for metal, much better suited than the Gibson, and yeah, the EMG 60 can do some lighter rock.
Strats & Seagulls
Quote by the memory
yeh

best thing he can do is go try them both out

edit: just realised your from Scotland too! *e-high five*

*e-high five back* lol, its not that good of a place to live, well Alloa isnt anyway because i was burgled today.
sorry that this doesnt have anything to do with ur question TS
My Gear:
-Guitars:
Schecter V-7 Hellraiser
Schecter Demon 7 FR
Vintage VRS100
Amps:
Randall RG75 G3 Plus
You'd like a Jackson SLSMG soloist (Costs 1000 USD). Mohogany neck-through with active EMGs and 24 frets. Seriously, it has a smooth, fast neck and fretboard, great tone, is light, and is comfortable on your lap.
Quote by the memory
agreed

LoG doesn't use active pickups and not even EMGs. They use passives SDs.

Kramer Focus 3000
Ibanez ATK300
Rocktron Chameleon
Digitech IPS33B
Ibanez WH10
Korg Pitchblack
Line6 UX2