Hey UG,

For Christmas this year, I asked for a cable kit for my pedal board that had SOLDERED right angle ends. What I got was the Lava Mini cable kit. These were solder less and straight ends. After much hemming and hawing, I decided to try them anyway. Long story short, after hours of cable assembly (and following the directions to a tee), they sucked. The sound was crystal clear, and it's the quietest I've ever heard my amp, and she's old and rickety. The main problem is that there was nothing holding the cable to the jack, so the cables pulled right out. After adjusting the cables a million times, and positioning them just so, I finally got my entire board to work, but I am afraid to even bump one of the wires fro fear of losing my signal. Am I doing something wrong, or is it the cables? I really didn't want to go solder less, but I did and I learned my lesson. Can you guys give me any suggestions on how to fix my current problem, or give me some good cable kits I could buy? Thanks.
i'm not 100% sure, but isn't there a screw on the side of the plugs that hold it put?

EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujLrMb7vLB4 = this might help you
My Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone AJ
Ibanez Strat Copy

Amps:
Orange Tiny Terror Head
Old beaten up Peavey cab
Marshall MG30DFX
Last edited by FightinIrishPJ at Jan 14, 2009,