Hey Guys,

I'm new to having a good amp. I just bought a JCM 900 (4100) and it has an FX Loop. I've allways been told to run MXR Pedals etc in the FX loop. I tried this. It just removed any EQ settings I use on the front of the amp.

I've since learned that the FX loop bypasses the amps Pre-amp. Does that mean that I'm going to have to run some form of pre-amp (I have a V-Amp2) in the loop too? Or even in the front of the amps input?

Sorry if none of that made sense. I'm very new to this
"if i were you I wouldn't fiddle with the feet etc. as that nullifies warranty but yeh, just get up in digitech's grill and demand they make you a custom whammy that is purple and gold and fires rockets when you bend +2 octaves"
Hold on.... you dont need another preamp. Simply put, delay/chorus/eq/reverb pedals sound better when they bypass the preamp stage generally. Umm im not sure what you're doing but try this.... grab your delay pedal.

fx send>input of pedal>output of pedal>fx return.
Epi Les Paul-APH1/Mean 90
MIM Strat

Korg DTR1000
ADA MP-1
Mesa/Boogie Quad Pre
Mesa/Boogie Midi Matrix
<power amp>

Quote by rhcp_freak
If you're EQ'd loose, you'll sound loose anyway.
Last edited by occub at Dec 27, 2008,
Thanks for the reply man.

I've just put the things in the FX loop again. And now i'm not getting the same problem as before. So it might of been a strange coincidence.

Thanks again
"if i were you I wouldn't fiddle with the feet etc. as that nullifies warranty but yeh, just get up in digitech's grill and demand they make you a custom whammy that is purple and gold and fires rockets when you bend +2 octaves"