im planning on buying a semi-hollow guitar and cant decide between the epiphone dot and the dot studio, which one would u guys recommend?

i play mostly punk rock but i still want good cleans and want it to be versatile, so should i change the bridge pickup to a gibson dirty fingers humbucker.

thanks
GEAR:
Gibson SG
Traynor YCV40T
Digitech Grunge
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Korg pitchblack pedal tuner
EXH Metal Muff
Sennheiser wireless system
Gear soon gettin:
Gibson Les Paul Jr.
Boss ce-2
the studio is a great guitar for the price, i have one myself and am so happy with it, it has a fairly decent sound though new pickups would be a good idea for a bit grungier sound. but it can kick it, ive used it to play blues to metal and it all sounds wicked
Quote by snouta
the studio is a great guitar for the price, i have one myself and am so happy with it, it has a fairly decent sound though new pickups would be a good idea for a bit grungier sound. but it can kick it, ive used it to play blues to metal and it all sounds wicked

He uses a spider III so don't listen to him!

I have a dot, not a bad guitar at all.

Never liked the look of the studio's. Thats the only difference really though as far as I'm aware. And the studio has open coils rather than covered. More top end.
Epiphone Elitist SG (Serious)
Tokai Silver Star
Epiphone Dot
Epiphone Les Paul
Washburn J28SCEDL
Washburn J12S

G.A.S List

JCM600 (Yes a 600..)
Quote by willieturnip
He uses a spider III so don't listen to him!

I have a dot, not a bad guitar at all.

Never liked the look of the studio's. Thats the only difference really though as far as I'm aware. And the studio has open coils rather than covered. More top end.

oi dont dis my amp, i like it so thats all thats matter to me, im young and dont have enough money to buy one of your fancy all tube amplifiers, it gets the job done
Dot Studio has a satin finish which some people find easier to play on, no fret inlays which some people like, and a slightly brighter tone which some people may like. Apart from that there's no quality reason to buy one over the other. Personally I bought the Studio version just because when playing them both I found the slightly brighter tone of the Studio was preferable for the sort of music I was using it to play. Really though you can't go wrong with either guitar.

Quote by snouta
oi dont dis my amp, i like it so thats all thats matter to me, im young and dont have enough money to buy one of your fancy all tube amplifiers, it gets the job done
You're what, 17? That's not young enough to use age as an excuse.

Also, you can get practise tube amps for the same sort of price the average solid state practise amp is anyway.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Last edited by MrFlibble at Dec 27, 2008,
Quote by snouta

Note the cheeky, tongue out smiley in the post .

And I don't have a tube amp. Tubes are bollocks. Get a decent solid state with plenty of headroom and your away if you have some nice boxes in front of it.
Epiphone Elitist SG (Serious)
Tokai Silver Star
Epiphone Dot
Epiphone Les Paul
Washburn J28SCEDL
Washburn J12S

G.A.S List

JCM600 (Yes a 600..)