I don't usually record stuff like this so it's a new kind of sound for me so im experimenting with guitar EQ in the mixes

I noticed the drums are a bit too loud or the guitars are too quiet either way somethings up lol

Disregarding that which guitar tone sounds better

1 2 or 3 (3rd recently added with guitars higher in the mix)

Also this is my first time writing drums for something like this and using trilogy bass VST

Clips are on my profile
Last edited by TranscendUK at Dec 27, 2008,
I prefer 2. check out the songs in my profile!
LTD JD 600
Fender Celtic Esquire
Ibanez RGA7
Schecter S-1 Elite
Line 6 FM4
KORG Pitchblack
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop Wah
Ibanez TS-9
ISP Decimator
Peavey 6505 Halfstack
Marshall 1960b Cab
Line 6 POD X3 Live
Just added a third one with the guitars higher in the mix.

Just gonna check your stuff is there anything in particular you want me to check.
The solo that is bad!
LTD JD 600
Fender Celtic Esquire
Ibanez RGA7
Schecter S-1 Elite
Line 6 FM4
KORG Pitchblack
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop Wah
Ibanez TS-9
ISP Decimator
Peavey 6505 Halfstack
Marshall 1960b Cab
Line 6 POD X3 Live
Quote by WSR66
I prefer 2. check out the songs in my profile!

Dude, that is not a crit, therefore you have no authority to tell him to check out your songs.
Quote by silentdud

Same goes for you. Why is number 2 the best? A one-line comment is not a crit.

I actually preferred 3 the most. The guitars were suitably loud and in your face. Pretty nice tone, what do you use to record? Somehow the sound of the drums remind me of a cross between napalm death and old sepultura. Nice riffs btw.
Last edited by Pingis_Or_Death at Dec 27, 2008,
Quote by Pingis_Or_Death
Dude, that is not a crit, therefore you have no authority to tell him to check out your songs.

Same goes for you. Why is number 2 the best? A one-line comment is not a crit.

I actually preferred 3 the most. The guitars were suitably loud and in your face. Pretty nice tone, what do you use to record? Somehow the sound of the drums remind me of a cross between napalm death and old sepultura. Nice riffs btw.

Cheers for the crit 3 hadn't been up when the other goes posted to be fair but i do see your point.

For guitars i use
Agile AL2500 Les Paul With Bare Knuckle Miracle Man Pickups
Line6 Toneport GX for all modelling fx & recording
The drums i programmed in guitar pro while writing the riffs then processed them in superior drummer 2.0
bass is A VST called Trilogy by spectrasonics.

I'll actually be posting more of this later.

I'm pretty certain there's something i could do to make the guitar tone better though... Any ideas?
Quote by TranscendUK
Cheers for the crit 3 hadn't been up when the other goes posted to be fair but i do see your point.

For guitars i use
Agile AL2500 Les Paul With Bare Knuckle Miracle Man Pickups
Line6 Toneport GX for all modelling fx & recording
The drums i programmed in guitar pro while writing the riffs then processed them in superior drummer 2.0
bass is A VST called Trilogy by spectrasonics.

I'll actually be posting more of this later.

I'm pretty certain there's something i could do to make the guitar tone better though... Any ideas?

The tone might be a tad muddy, but it's hard to tell from that short clip. Maybe add some more highs and/or remove some of the mid frequenzies? Did you do any post-eq?