Hey UG.

Alright so I got a Visual Sound Son of Hyde Distortion pedal for X-mas recently. After 2 days, I notice that when I play a note, after 4-5 seconds the sound gets very quiet and it dies out.

So what's up? I don't really understand. I put a new battery in and still it cuts out.

BTW, this doesn't happen when I plug straight into the amp.
If it's a constant problem, take it back to the shop where it was bought from and they should give you another one.
maybe try messing with the settings a bit. maybe the way you have it set up is messing with the sustain.
get a new battery/ac adapter?
Quote by Diet_coke_head
Hey! Now you can molest you're grandma and she won't remember! Score!!!

Gear:
Fender Aerodyne Jazz Bass
Fender V Jazz
Ashdown MAG 410
EH Bass Big MUff
MXR Bass Octave Deluxe
Digitech Synth Wah
Maybe get a new nut? I put a graphite nut on my tele and instantly I noticed about 2-3 more seconds of sustain
Gear:
Fender Standard Telecaster Electric Guitar Ash
Bugera 333XL 212
Dunlop Original Cry Baby >> Korg Pitchblack Tuner >> MXR Carbon Copy >> Boss DS-1
Quote by trutrojan8
Maybe get a new nut? I put a graphite nut on my tele and instantly I noticed about 2-3 more seconds of sustain

It's not the nut, because plugged straight into the amp the guitar is fine. So somewhere in the Hyde it's messign up the sustain.

It's really random too, sometimes it's almost immediatly after, and sometimes it's 4-5 seconds after. It seems that the pickups just stop working, but again it works fine straight into the amp.

I'll try another battery...