so i decided to get a new guitar and i narrowed down my choices to

american fender deluxe hss strat

or

schecter tempest custom and change the bridge pickup to a duncan invader

so which one do u guys think i should get?

i mostly play punk rock.

thanks
GEAR:
Gibson SG
Traynor YCV40T
Digitech Grunge
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Korg pitchblack pedal tuner
EXH Metal Muff
Sennheiser wireless system
Gear soon gettin:
Gibson Les Paul Jr.
Boss ce-2
the pickups in the tempest custom are Duncan Designed HB-102
GEAR:
Gibson SG
Traynor YCV40T
Digitech Grunge
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Korg pitchblack pedal tuner
EXH Metal Muff
Sennheiser wireless system
Gear soon gettin:
Gibson Les Paul Jr.
Boss ce-2
At this point, it's all personal preference. They're both good guitars, but now it's all about the feel. With the Schecter and Invaders you will definitely be able to get a more aggressive tone, and with the Fender you will have a wider range of sounds available. However, the Schecter has the looks, and Schecters play nice as hell. Fenders play well too, but, like I said, it's all preference now. Test them out, see what feels good.
Quote by jetfuel495
At this point, it's all personal preference. They're both good guitars, but now it's all about the feel. With the Schecter and Invaders you will definitely be able to get a more aggressive tone, and with the Fender you will have a wider range of sounds available. However, the Schecter has the looks, and Schecters play nice as hell. Fenders play well too, but, like I said, it's all preference now. Test them out, see what feels good.

+1

wowee!

My two cents: Both guitars are good. However, no Schecter I have played so far came close to the quality of an MIA Fender Deluxe. Which one you like better concerning sound and feel - you'll have to find out yourself.