hey, so im looking at an orange rocker 30 and an orange rockerverb 50.

naturally i want to go with the rocker because of its low wattage=nice breakup, lower price, and i am not turned off by the lack of eq on the cleans,

BUT i am curious about the rockerverb and how much heavier it gets, with its extra gain stage? like is it ac30 to rectifier different? or like jcm 800 to rectifier?

ill be playing punk, pop punk, indie, shoegaze, hipster garbage, modern hardcore.
Ibanez S520ex
Epiphone G-400
Roland Microcube
Alvarez MC90
I'd say it gets quite a bit heavier. Plus the reverb is a great thing to have for both cleans and dirt.

For punk, pop punk, and all that, the rocker would be fine, but everything else I think the rockerverb is more suited.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
okay, cool. i understand about the reverb, eq, and effects loop, im mostly concerned about the differences in gain.
would a tubescreamer be able to push the rocker to rockerverb gain?
Ibanez S520ex
Epiphone G-400
Roland Microcube
Alvarez MC90
Tim from Underoath uses a Rocker 30. Of course, he also runs a Marshall JCM 800 with it which is where he gets the majority of his distortion from. For the genres you listed, it would probably be nice to have the reverb, fx loop, and extra EQ in addition to the like 2 or 3 extra gain stages.
Quote by RG_FANMAN
Tim from Underoath uses a Rocker 30. Of course, he also runs a Marshall JCM 800 with it which is where he gets the majority of his distortion from. For the genres you listed, it would probably be nice to have the reverb, fx loop, and extra EQ in addition to the like 2 or 3 extra gain stages.

Totally off topic, and I love underoath, but god damn both guitarists are so damn ugly it bothers me!

AAAAnyways.

The verb, extra gain on tap, effects loop, and clean eq will practically pay for itself.

Cleans without reverb sound horrible in my opinion.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
iv played the rocker 30 and i won a rockerverb 50 combo, and to be honest the rockers clean break up ain that good and the rockerverb is better, and the rockerverb has far better gain on tap so go the rockerverb its worth it
GEAR:
PRS CU22 10 top with #10
Gibson lp studio (fireburst)
MIA 06' fender strat sss

Orange rockerverb 50 c

morley rotating speaker '62
" pro wah
mxr flanger '73
line 6 dl4 x2, fm4, dm4
mi audio tube zone
love pedal karl fuzz