As with most parents, they're under this weird impression that we play with our amps up too loudly - the shock on their faces when you tell them that you're only at 2 is certainly amusing, though.

Dad bought me some headphones to "solve this problem." Your standard set of 'phones with the guitar jack at the end.

I have a Valveking 212. I'm sitting here thinking to myself, "Uhm...is this safe ? Tube amp, headphones...is my head going to explode if I do this ?"

As I'm no tech. guy, I was hoping you UGers could help me out a bit. Is it a good idea to use the headphones, and if so, where the heck am I plugging them into a Valveking 212 ?
Gear
Guitars
Music Man John Petrucci 6-String (Mystic Dream)
Ibanez S470DXQM (Moonburst)
Jackson JS30RR (Blue)
Silvertone Apocalypse
Amplifiers
Peavey Valveking 212
Peavey Rage 158
Effects
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Digitech Metal Master
You can't.
I'm Joel. I play guitar. I am a student. I look at the cost of tuition, not in a dollar value, but in the guitars I'm sacrificing now, to be able to buy later.
I think you're out of luck. If it doesnt have a headphone jack then no headphones, unless you have some sort of dummy load configuration.
Epi Les Paul-APH1/Mean 90
MIM Strat

Korg DTR1000
ADA MP-1
Mesa/Boogie Quad Pre
Mesa/Boogie Midi Matrix
<power amp>

Quote by rhcp_freak
If you're EQ'd loose, you'll sound loose anyway.
Do not plug headphones into a tube amp!
The headphones cant handle the load (wattage, ohms) and you will probably end up frying your amp if you were to plug the headphones into the outputs on the amp.

Since you parents are pissy about loud amps, 2 options I see:
1) Buy a smaller practice amp (it would suck I know)
2) An attenuator so you can have your amp loud and its quiet coming out
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/navigation?q=attenuator&st=
http://www.google.com/products?hl=en&q=weber+attenuator&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=X&oi=product_result_group&resnum=6&ct=title

Many people say you lose tone plus theyre pretty expensive

good luck
Thanks much, good people of UG.
Gear
Guitars
Music Man John Petrucci 6-String (Mystic Dream)
Ibanez S470DXQM (Moonburst)
Jackson JS30RR (Blue)
Silvertone Apocalypse
Amplifiers
Peavey Valveking 212
Peavey Rage 158
Effects
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Digitech Metal Master
Attenuaters do not bring the volume down that much.

Headphones are not going to work.

If you need buy a small practice amp. Or you could buy a Vox amplug. Great for headphone practicing.
If you start a reply with: I have never played one but I have heard good things about it! Your opinion is invalid.