-HSS (sort of) pickup arrangement
-Decent Stock pickups
-Decent trem

Bad
-More expensive
-Painted neck
-Thru neck=expensive fixy if something go wrongy

Ugly
-also slightly boring finishes, there's nothing in the range that makes me go 'ooh... aah...' but at least these have some transparent colours with a flame maple veneer.

Basically which one would you pick if you were going to pick one of these and had similar music tastes? (Gilbert, Alter bridge, metallica, machine head, zico chain and queen are all in my most played songs list on my ipod, see the profile if you need more)

Already have my jcm900 and effects rig sorted for the moment I'm just basically looking to upgrade from my crappy squier (hate having to borrow a mates guitar for gigs) and I'm looking for something that plays well and is reasonably versatile. I've tried both and it's too close to call atm. Just trying to get some other points of view.

Also, another possibility is the RG2570Z which has an edge zero instead of an edge pro for just a litte bit more than the rg1570.

Halp?
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
The zero resistence trems are really nice i wiki'd them once, and also i dont like finished necks, and it seems every time i pick up a jackson the neck feels terrible, uncomfprtable, and grimey. So id say ibanez.
LIFE IS TOO SHORT NOT TO LET YOUR MIND SPREAD WINGS AND TAKE FLIGHT

Quote by KeepOnRotting
+Infinity. This dude knows good metal.
i'd go for the edge zero one or the SL3. the edge pro sucks. it doesn't like to stay in tune, from what i hear
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009

A man chooses, a slave obeys.
I'd go for the ibanez and replace the pick ups with the cash you save.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

the edge zero isn't a zero resistance trem, it just has the Zero point system installed. It still pivots on the knife points.

and the Edge Pro is an awesome trem. It's on par with any trem on the market at the moment.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
ibanez
-Gear-
Line 6 Flextone III Plus
Behringer FCB1010 Emulating a FBV Longboard
Ibanez 5 - 2 Jackson

the scores so far
-Gear-
Line 6 Flextone III Plus
Behringer FCB1010 Emulating a FBV Longboard
ibanez
Gear n Shizz:

Washburn X50 Pro
Epiphone Korina Explorer
Line 6 Flextone III 75w
I'm more partial to Jacksons but either guitar isn't a bad choice.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
that's a difficult one, to be honest. i think the jackson has those new korean-made OFRs (not schaller), so that'd be something of a negative, perhaps.

it's really up to you, they're more or less similar quality, it really boils down to which you prefer...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?