Hey guys. My first guitar was an Epiphone Special II. I was wondering if you guys thought I should spend some money to mod it and make it usable, or just keep it for sentimental reasons. Can any ammount of work make this guitar reasonably good?

Note that I won't sell this guitar. It was my first guitar, and I want to keep it for that reason.
Strats & Seagulls
I have the same one, I'd say no, well mine is starting to fall apart. Bridge pickup goes in and out, the input jack is loose(even after fixing it). Just maintain the guitar but I would not put anything new in it expect strings.
LOL
depends on if you need what you plan to put in it or not.
Quote by coolstoryangus
Pffffffft schematics

Although i guess the OP will have to get used to reading them if he's going to buy a bugera..
Quote by gregs1020

along with fire escape routes...

Keep it as it is, and if you want something better, buy a new one rather than upgrading that one.

You will regret doing anything with your first guitar other than keeping it as it always has been.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Alright guys. So you don't think I could get it into a good guitar? I definately don't need to, but I could...
Strats & Seagulls
I'm modding my first guitar (Epi vintage G-400) simply because I want it to play nice and sound good again.I find a simple pleasure in playing on the instrument that got me started in the music world so I want it to be the best guitar it can be,within reason of course.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Quote by Pr0gNut
I'm modding my first guitar (Epi vintage G-400) simply because I want it to play nice and sound good again.I find a simple pleasure in playing on the instrument that got me started in the music world so I want it to be the best guitar it can be,within reason of course.

But do you think I can get an Epi Special II into a good sounding guitar?
Strats & Seagulls
truth is there's only so good that guitar can get. Its a bolt on neck and made of crappy, light wood. I own one and i use it for drop C and its alright for screwing around on as it is in my room, but i wouldn't gig with it. Honestly, i could see you putting in some duncs and having a nice sounding guitar but thats just it: Nice... the feel of it will always be light and crappy and it will only sound "nice"
My gear:
PRS SE custom
~!~--Peavey XXX super 40 EFX --~!~
Peavey VK 112

===WGS Vet30
===JJ power tubes

---Pedals:
-ISP Decimator
-Digitech Bad Monkey
-Crybaby wah
-Korg Pitchblack
-Danelectro FnC EQ
I think it feels fine (an Epi Les Paul Special II as well) if I put in some nice pups and caps, would it sound nice? Pretty much same question as TS, if I keep the same pickups, it won't be used, but with a good set, it is playable, I think it's ok, maybe add a pickguard as well.
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
I wouldnt go for it. The guitar will start to fall apart in ways not even imaginable and some things, like the truss rod, will start to malfunction, which happened on mine, and that just isnt worth fixing. Go for an Agile or something else? Maybe a Yamaha Pacifica.
Well, I won't be able to buy a new guitar for a while. TS, maybe we could just both buy a LP-100 or G-400 SG? I may be able to save up for one over the summer.
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."