i have a johnson by axl and i want know what type of pickups to put on because the ones on it are totaly trashed and i want to buy new ones and i want ones that would
sound good with hendrix van halen nirvana please help me
KURTY KOBAIN
try bare knuckles
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Link to this guitar so I can see specs?
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by forsaknazrael
Have either of you ever tried or owned BKP?

threadstarter, how are the pickups "trashed"?
What's your current amp?

yes i tried a used custom jackson RR with a miracle man humbucker on the bridge position
feel free to add me
i use a line 6 micro spider the pick ups are scratched to hell and back and there rusty
they also don't pickup my pinch harmonics very well ether.
KURTY KOBAIN
^^I stand corrected. Most people haven't, when they recommend BKP. However, still, please try and make you posts less vague. Recommend a particular model. Yelling out a brand name doesn't help anyone.

1 - Rust does not affect the performance of a pickup.
2 - A pickup upgrade right now, with your current amp, will probably not make a noticeable difference.
3 - Pinch harmonics are ALL about technique. If I can nail them on my vintage output Strat pickups, you can nail them on your rusty pickups.
Link to this guitar so I can see specs?[/QUOTE

i cant find the link i bought it from a pawn shop but theres a pic on my page
KURTY KOBAIN
Quote by forsaknazrael
^^I stand corrected. Most people haven't, when they recommend BKP. However, still, please try and make you posts less vague. Recommend a particular model. Yelling out a brand name doesn't help anyone.

2 - A pickup upgrade right now, with your current amp, will probably not make a noticeable difference.
3 - Pinch harmonics are ALL about technique. If I can nail them on my vintage output Strat pickups, you can nail them on your rusty pickups.

i will next time
feel free to add me
Quote by forsaknazrael

i bought this from a pawn shop and this guitar is about 3 years old.
KURTY KOBAIN
Quote by forsaknazrael

+1 to all that because it's all true.

TS, you probably need new strings more than you need pickups, and the guitar isn't really worth upgrading anyway.

If new strings don't help then buy a new amp.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Last edited by steven seagull at Dec 28, 2008,
I would suggest TS get a new guitar before anything.

Assuming he's just a bedroom player at this stage (why else would you have a micro spider? I didn't even know they made them) there's no real need for a new amp, but if he's having trouble with the pickups a new guitar may be the way to go as AXL products aren't known for brilliant reliability.

How much are you willing to spend?
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales