I am going to make a guitar for my mate and i have been messing around with photoshop coming up with a design.

Here it is:

what do you think?

x
Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Warwick Corvette $$
Rockbass Streamer Fretless
Hartke HA5000
SWR Triad

Quote by Victory2134
I happen to enjoy every mankiss from shinhoman.
It lacks cohesion. The color scheme is scattered and it's hard to focus on one part of the guitar. The proportions are a little goofy. I would make the cut-away more scooped (that's just me).

I think the biggest issue is the color scheme. The pin-stripe seems like an afterthought and the alternating red/black color pattern is annoying at best.

Also, the pick up selector seems a bit too close to the strumming area for my taste. I'd consider moving it.

You could use some help with Photoshop, too, but that's a different story.
i like progressive rock
Quote by Starguard
It lacks cohesion. The color scheme is scattered and it's hard to focus on one part of the guitar. The proportions are a little goofy. I would make the cut-away more scooped (that's just me).

I think the biggest issue is the color scheme. The pin-stripe seems like an afterthought and the alternating red/black color pattern is annoying at best.

Also, the pick up selector seems a bit too close to the strumming area for my taste. I'd consider moving it.

You could use some help with Photoshop, too, but that's a different story.

ok

x
Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Warwick Corvette $$
Hartke HA5000
SWR Triad

Quote by Victory2134
Too much going on, and the humbucker could probably go without the chrome.
looks ugly IMHO, i would scrap that. also, it looks like ESP's version of the LP, (body shape)
Just call me Bobby
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by mikeyElite
you build guitars worthy of sexual favors

Quote by Invader Jim
if this party gets any livelier a funeral is gonna break out.
It looks very... awkward.
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Crate V33 212 Combo
DigiTech Whammy IV
Dunlop Crybaby
MXR Classic Distortion
Ibanez DE-7 Delay
Boss GE-7 Equalizer

i honestly cant find anything i like about that guitar. i especially hate the inlays on the fretboard

also the bridge design doesnt make sense whatsoever. you have a tele bridge, but the strings go past it and then thru the body?
Geets:
Ibanez GSA60
Epiphone SG/LP custom
Schecter Damien elite 7
Fender Highway one Telecaster

Pedals:
Visual sound Jekyll and Hyde

Amp:
Peavey 6505
Marshall M412a cab
Peavey Classic 50

GO STEELERS!
Last edited by ihavenoname93 at Dec 27, 2008,
Bridge makes no sense, the cutaway could go out a little bit more, the maple fingerboard and those inlays doesn't look good maybe some exotic wood like cocobolo or something which is darker but not too dark so you can see the black well still, you should design you own headstock the strat headstock doesn't fit. I'd do something a little pointy to match the cutaway. It just needs a little bit more work but it's a nice design and could make a great guitar with a couple changes.
change the red body binding to white, replace the tele bridge with a tune-o-matic, change the inlays to MOP traps (or something else cool looking you can come up with), change the headstock. the strat headstock doesn't look too good on an LP style body. just some suggestions.
Quote by binary-ghost
i really wish i had pics to proove it... i just realized how immensely unbelievable this is but... i promise you... he was doing something to the dogs crotch with his face..
I have had a rethink and changed the design. only slightly though.

Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Warwick Corvette $$
Hartke HA5000
SWR Triad

Quote by Victory2134
the new design is a lot better than the old one but i'd still change the headstock i'd go for a 3x3 headstock something like a PRS
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
change that bridge!!! also I've never seen a guitar with a single coil bridge and then a humbucker neck. interesting
"My jedi powers are far more superior than yours"
I liked it the way it was personally.

I liked the way you did alternating inlays, but the pickups and knob placement needs work.
Keep at it!
I don't remember where I was,
When I realized life was a game.
The more seriously I took things,
The harder the rules became.
I'd say maybe cut the headstock to be a bit more angular
And a string through tele bridge like that... Very interesting, but I'm not sure where you can get them. Maybe add some carve to it, too
Might not be half bad
Quote by tjfishrocker
Coolcat i want to make love to you right now.

Quote by Natrone

Anyone else see the irony in smashing a guitar that says "peace and love" ?