Suppose I have an electric in the custom case that came with it, and I have to ship it somewhere. Suppose further that they store/ship it standing on the end of the case, but upside down (so the headstock is on the bottom). Will this ruin the guitar? Is the neck strong enough to support the body?

Merry Christmas.
Quote by Chorduroy
Suppose I have an electric in the custom case that came with it, and I have to ship it somewhere. Suppose further that they store/ship it standing on the end of the case, but upside down (so the headstock is on the bottom). Will this ruin the guitar? Is the neck strong enough to support the body?

Merry Christmas.

is it a moulded case or just a rectangular space where the body fits.

either way, it should be ok.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Put on a sticker that reads: "this side up ^^"
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
i wouldn't suppose that it would hurt very much,
considering that the body should fit fairly snug on that part of the case, so there shouldn't be any pressure on the neck...

just what i'm thinkin...
loosen the strings and stuff it with like the package stuffing stuff. otherwise it's fine.
PS3

Fear the LIME

X
There should be no problem there :S
"RAWR WIRES >:O"
One more kiss... One more touch...
I miss you, wont you hug me just one last time?

Twitter!!~ Follow Re-follow :P
Would a case that is rectangular, so the guitar neck could move, still be ok? The case is meant for bass, so it may be too big.
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
Assuming you're in the U.S, are you wanting to ship this UPS or FedEx? UPS is notorious for damaging guitars during shipment due to the way the process packages. Have you noticed that boxes coming from UPS usually have rounded/dented corners? I would strongly reccomend shipping a guitar with FedEx

I bought an ML off Ebay and the owner shipped it using UPS. When I received the guitar, the case was broken and so was the headstock. You can also google other people with this same problem. I wouldn't depend off of shipping insurance either. They wrote my guitar off as "Insufficient packing." Note the guitar was shipped in it's case with cloth/rags around the headstock/neck.
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]