A few days ago i was playing my Peavey Valveking (head) and I heard a very loud pop followed by no sound and then another very loud pop. Everything was fine after that.

Just today I was playing again and after about 25 minutes I heard the pop again, and then a very loud screaming noise. Not a screeching high pitched sound, but a fairly mid-low pitched sound.
The noise at first happened while running a Boss Gt-8 into the input of the head, but also happened when I plugged straight into the input (1'st input on head btw)
I switched the speaker cable with a different one and it happened again, so I turned it off and left it off for 3 minutes or so and turned it back on and tried it using the gt-8 and the 4 cable method to turn off the amp preamp in case the sound was coming from the preamp tubes, and i heard nothing. I tried it again straight into the input, and every other method and everything worked perfectly. I traded the speaker cable yet again for a monster I had laying around, and plugged the amp into a different electrical outlet just to be safe.
I'm think the sound may have come from the tubes, but what do you guys think?
I don't know much about tubes, however sounds like a tube problem to me. This happened on an old ass radio, the noises anyway, and it was the tubes.
Preamp tube problem. Replace the first position.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
Quote by Van Noord
Preamp tube problem. Replace the first position.

Are you sure that could be the problem?
Quote by fuzzboy
Are you sure that could be the problem?
Yeah, pretty sure. Just get a spare 12AX7 and replace each preamp tube with it until you find the offending tube.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION