Here is my situation : I love blues, so I got the gear in my signature. On the end, I realized that I love listening to it, but not really playing blues. So I sold it all.

What I love to play is punk-rock / rock. I don't like shredding or stuff like that, I like good riffs and melody. I'm not a show-off type of player but rather like to play for myself and try to get good tone.

I found an Epiphone Les Paul standard, made in 2004 I think, like new for $280.00 US.

Like I mentioned before, I use to have a blues junior. It was alright but it couldn't get dirty enough for me.

I listen to stuff like Green Day, Sum 41, Lenny Kravitz, Smashing Pumpkins, Rise Against, Billy Talent, Metallica, John Mayer, Jimi Hendrix. You get the idea.

Now I have to make a decision toward what amp I will buy.

Those are my picks but it doesn't mean that I am not open for other suggestions :

1- Vox VT15
2- Blackheart BH1H and get a cabinet and effect pedals
3- What do you suggest me ?

It's for playing in my room only, so I really don't need much volume, the blues junior was WAY too loud.

Thanks for reading my long text and for you future answers.
If you're just playing in your room, you might as well go for the Vox and save your money for a good guitar.
try the blackheart + hardwire OD or modified tubescreamer to get hard rock tones from it. if you want metallica then you have to buy a distortion pedal
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
What would me tone difference between the Vox and The Blackheart ?

I was thinking about the BH1H, I love simplicity and it is very cheap.
Oh, sorry, didn't realize that was the model number of the Little Ant. I thought that was the one for the Little Giant.

I haven't tried the Little Ant...But 1 watt is still fairly loud. To get a good amount of OD, you may have to turn it up quite a bit. And it doesn't have enough gain for Metallica, that's for sure.
i tried it and its ok for you
just buy an OD for that heavy rock sound and a good distortion pedal for trash metal (metallica)
feel free to add me
I can get the head for $220.00 CDN so about $180.00 US, then get a cheap cabinet too and an distortion pedal.

Would that be a good idea ?
Quote by TinyJimbo
I can get the head for $220.00 CDN so about $180.00 US, then get a cheap cabinet too and an distortion pedal.

Would that be a good idea ?

you only need the distortion pedal for metallica
i suggest buy the amp and an OD first
feel free to add me
The Killer ant should fit the bill if you want that cranked tube amp tone at low volumes.
I've heard from various places that it actually puts out between .25 and .50 of a watt.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator