I took the plunge and decided to buy myself a new guitar for Christmas. I've been playing a Jackson JS20 for about 9 months since I got back into playing after 15 years off, and decided it was time for something better.

I ordered a Schecter C-1 Blackjack from Musicians Friend. However, when I placed the order the guitar was (and still is) on backorder until 12-31. Not really a big deal since that's only a week. I got curious about the accuracy of their ETA on backordered items and started poking around the Internet. I found many people who said that their ETA for backordered items are rarely accurate and many times they just keep getting changed to later and later dates.

Here's the kicker though. From what I understand Musicians Friend also owns Music123.com (correct me if I'm wrong). On the Music123.com site, their ETA for the Blackjack is 1-14. Maybe there's a reason for this, but after seeing 1-14 on the Music123 site, I'm wondering if I'll end up waiting longer than expected. And yeah, yeah, I know "patience Daniel San", but I want my new axe.

What would you do? Do you think I should hold out or look for another axe that's in stock?
Hold out until until the beginning of January. If it still is backordered, cancel your order and find a new place to get your axe.
Quote by Ur all $h1t
I stick stuff in my pee hole.

Gear:

Schecter C-1 Classic
Ibanez S670PB
Stratocaster MIM Standard
Marshall MG30 (its purple )
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
that was supposed to happen to my synyster custom, it was supposed to come the week of jan. 5, but it got here the day b4 christmas. it was sweet.
Quote by FalseXHope
that was supposed to happen to my synyster custom, it was supposed to come the week of jan. 5, but it got here the day b4 christmas. it was sweet.

Nice. Maybe I'll get lucky.

I guess I'll just hold out. I know if I get something else I'll probably end up regretting it. The Blackjack has everything I'm looking for (Duncans and string-through), plus the Schecters are supposed to have a good price to quality ratio.
if something is backordered it really depends more on the manufacturer than it does the store. I have no idea how good Schecter is about filling orders like that.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Wait. Schecters are awesome.

/unbiased opinion
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
I had a guitar back ordered from Music123 for literally four months. It just kept getting pushed back later and later. Here's the kicker, when they finally shipped it, the Fedex truck it was on caught fire on the highway thirty minutes away from my house. I was tracking it and it just disappeared.
Musicians Friend doesn't usually mess up that catastrophically. God must be smiting you.
George W. Bush for President 2012

We can do it if we work together!
I ordered an amp from there, it got backordered. I waited three months and itwas still backordered, despite it only supposed to be backordered for 1-2 weeks. I then went to samedaymusic and got the amp within a week.

However, normally I have no prob with musicians friend...just if it's backordered I'd go elsewhere
I'm not a Bible-thumper anymore. Realized I had a brain in '09.

I like guitars, running, and math.
when their backorder dates keep getting moved back, it could be a result of the product no longer being sold by them. I have had that happen to me before, and i had to email them multiple times to finally figure it out. I've got an amp backordered until mid-january, but i think it'll be fine, as it's a popular model.
Quote by Rick540
I took the plunge and decided to buy myself a new guitar for Christmas. I've been playing a Jackson JS20 for about 9 months since I got back into playing after 15 years off, and decided it was time for something better.

I ordered a Schecter C-1 Blackjack from Musicians Friend. However, when I placed the order the guitar was (and still is) on backorder until 12-31. Not really a big deal since that's only a week. I got curious about the accuracy of their ETA on backordered items and started poking around the Internet. I found many people who said that their ETA for backordered items are rarely accurate and many times they just keep getting changed to later and later dates.

Here's the kicker though. From what I understand Musicians Friend also owns Music123.com (correct me if I'm wrong). On the Music123.com site, their ETA for the Blackjack is 1-14. Maybe there's a reason for this, but after seeing 1-14 on the Music123 site, I'm wondering if I'll end up waiting longer than expected. And yeah, yeah, I know "patience Daniel San", but I want my new axe.

What would you do? Do you think I should hold out or look for another axe that's in stock?

You're wrong. Guitar Center owns all of them.
You're*
the same **** is happening to my ibanez rg3ex, and those Sons of bitches dont work today soidk where the hell my guitar is (back order 12-31-08, but now it says that its in stock)
Quote by Rick540

why people buy from musicians friend is beyond me... but you would've been better off buying it at a guitar store (if you have one nearby)
Quote by bass-boy-garith
Quote by guitarhero_764
I guess I'm kind of like a hippie. I'm anti-war, do drugs, and like communism.
Your not a hippie, just a ****ing moron.