Like the title says, I have a JSX 212 combo amp and want a good metal tone. I'm not talking about pedals or spending more money, I just would like to know from other's experiences what are good settings for a good metal tone.
I've tried a few, then get pretty heavy for a non metal amp. Just go to the highest gain channel, turn gain up, and adjust the EQ to your preferences.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
Put the Treble, Mids and Bass at 12 o'clock.

Balance the channel volume, gain and master volume until you get the kind of distortion and overall volume you're after.

Adjust the Treble, Mids and Bass according to your ear.
Check the ultimate settings thread
Shouldn't be too hard, just go onto the non-clean channels and **** with the settings until you find a tone you like, that amp has a fair bit of gain on tap. I personally find the crunch channel is better for metal than the Ultra (Ultra has tastier leads, while the Crunch has more balls and gain, at least to my ears maybe I wasn't EQing it right)
also check on youtube for some clips and ask them what are there settings
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Quote by Highwaytohell
Check the ultimate settings thread
Shouldn't be too hard, just go onto the non-clean channels and **** with the settings until you find a tone you like, that amp has a fair bit of gain on tap. I personally find the crunch channel is better for metal than the Ultra (Ultra has tastier leads, while the Crunch has more balls and gain, at least to my ears maybe I wasn't EQing it right)

Thanks, I'll try that
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
also check on youtube for some clips and ask them what are there settings

Whats your youtube channel
The ultra channel has twice, nearly three times the amount of gain as the crunch channel. The JSX crunch channel is taken from the Classic 50, and the ultra channel is from the XXX crunch channel.
Remember too, the ultra and crunch channels eq's are active, so the dials both cut and add freq's. The higher you set them, the more output is added to the preamp.

Try these settings,

-Ultra channel
-Fat switch off
-Presence 6
-Resonance 6
-Treble 6
-Mids 4
-Bass 6
-Gain 7
-Master volume 6
-ultra volume 4
MARSHALL JVM 210H