Poll: What should I get for $200?(please pick 2)
Poll Options
View poll results: What should I get for $200?(please pick 2)
New Speaker [Green Beret]($65)
14 29%
Delay Digital
14 29%
Delay Analog
12 24%
EQ
16 33%
Phase 90($80)
11 22%
Chorus
5 10%
Tubescreamer 9
20 41%
Reverb Pedal
7 14%
Voters: 49.
Okay UG, as with a lot of others, I have a lot of money to spend on pedals. Specifically I have $200 to spend on gear, maybe a little more if its worth it at Guitar Center tom. at Oxford Valley PA. I have a Metal Muff with top boost and a wah so I don't need those. I love all types of music but I'm mainly a fan of grunge and hard rock. Favorite bands include U2, Audioslave, Nirvana, the Beatles, Nine Inch Nails, Flaming Lips, and Foo Fighters. Check my Last.fm for what I listen to, as I play a lot of what I listen to. I play an Agile Al-2000 into a Crate V18. I was thinking of changing the speaker to a Green beret($65) speaker but I'm unsure if it would be worth it. The other possibilities I was thinking of was a Boss DD3 ($110), Phase 90($80), Small Clone($85) and/or a Tube Screamer 9 ($86). I can get a combination of any 2. So UG any and all suggestions?

Lookatmeeeeedit:Poll up, please pick 2
Quote by Flying Couch
I approve of this thread.

Quote by ToastYerLicks
Regardless, I salute you

Quote by ramm_ty
Best book ever, best thread ever.

Quote by batman187
I definitely approve of this.

Quote by meh!
Last edited by Lookatmegooo at Dec 28, 2008,
I'd say go for the DD-3 and Phase 90, as you can get a decent crunch tone from the Metal Muff by keeping the distortion down and boosting the level.
MXR 10 band, MXR Carbon Copy, a good reverb pedal like a Holy Grail... all necessities.
Is the Carbon Copy better the n the DD-3? Any good examples of an analog delay use and a song that uses digital? I know one is digital and the other is analog but what is better for say U2ish and Explosions in the Skyesque sounds?
Quote by Flying Couch

Quote by ToastYerLicks
Regardless, I salute you

Quote by ramm_ty

Quote by batman187

Quote by meh!
Last edited by Lookatmegooo at Dec 27, 2008,
DD3 and Phase 90. You already have a Metal Muff, so getting another OD-type petal is just a waste of money. Not to say teh TS9's aren't good. They're very good pedals, just not necessary when you already have a similar type of pedal. With the Digital Delay and Phase 90, you could probably pull off some badass RATM-type riffs. If you combine a TS9 with a Metal Muff, all you'll really get is a bunch of oscillating buzzing noises [that is, unless of course you happen to keep the gain/drive on either one to a minimum]. Hope this helps.
The CC is the best non-boutique delay you can buy. Rave reviews. Check out the demos in youtube, its an impressive pedal
New speaker and the eq get my vote. There should have been a pole.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by gregs1020
New speaker and the eq get my vote. There should have been a pole.

I feel like an idiot, but I forget how to add one now
Quote by Flying Couch

Quote by ToastYerLicks
Regardless, I salute you

Quote by ramm_ty

Quote by batman187

Quote by meh!
No biggie, I think you can add it through editing the thread, but don't sweat it. Cheers!
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
id probably go for a nice delay such as the ibanez ad-9 or mxr carbon copy (i prefer ibanez, others the mxr) then something like the rocktron tsunami for a chorus.
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Ibanez-AD9-Analog-Delay-Effect-Pedal-103026472-i1124278.gc or http://www.guitarcenter.com/MXR-M169-Carbon-Copy-Analog-Delay-Guitar-Effects-Pedal-104824743-i1393960.gc
and
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Rocktron-Tsunami-Chorus-Pedal-101692002-i1124811.gc
thats your $200 and you get two nice pedals. as much as i love phasers like the phase 90, i think that getting a nice delay would probably be a better choice. which leaves some money for the on sale tsunami, which i hear is a great pedal (im thinking of getting one myself).
Oh wow, I've never heard of the Rocktron chorus and I didnt know Ibanez made an analog delay, are either of them good?
Quote by Flying Couch

Quote by ToastYerLicks
Regardless, I salute you

Quote by ramm_ty

Quote by batman187

Quote by meh!
I'm on team digital when it comes to delays, so Imma recommend you go with the DD-3.

As for what else, a TS-9 couldn't hurt as a solo boost, or if that's not quite what you would need, than a Small Clone.
Mitch Hedberg Group
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/koalabears/

Quote by Irnmaiden4life
why didnt you just play like crap?
if you need help with that, ask Vincent745

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.
Quote by SSL27
I'm on team digital when it comes to delays, so Imma recommend you go with the DD-3.

As for what else, a TS-9 couldn't hurt as a solo boost, or if that's not quite what you would need, than a Small Clone.

Can you name a song with a good example of digital delay?
Quote by Flying Couch

Quote by ToastYerLicks
Regardless, I salute you

Quote by ramm_ty

Quote by batman187

Quote by meh!
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=fRNl23-QxM4

It may be using two different delays, but you still get the general idea of how nice a digital delay can sound.
Mitch Hedberg Group
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/koalabears/

Quote by Irnmaiden4life
why didnt you just play like crap?
if you need help with that, ask Vincent745

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.
Quote by SSL27
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=fRNl23-QxM4

It may be using two different delays, but you still get the general idea of how nice a digital delay can sound.

Oh ok
Quote by Flying Couch

Quote by ToastYerLicks
Regardless, I salute you

Quote by ramm_ty

Quote by batman187

Quote by meh!
Get the Tubescreamer dude!
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400
Marshall 1987 JCM-800 2210 100W

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society

Quote by Weeping_Demon7
Get the Tubescreamer dude!

I was thinking that or a Bad Monkey, but right now it looks like a Carbon Copy and a Phase 90 which goes a tad over but I think its worth it. Any other suggestions, I'm still open to change my mind again lol.
Quote by Flying Couch

Quote by ToastYerLicks
Regardless, I salute you

Quote by ramm_ty

Quote by batman187

Quote by meh!
Quote by acdcrocks0323
I would say Green Beret, new tubes, and a TS-9. Sell the Metal Muff unless metal is a huge part of what you play. It seems as though the amp's OD and a TS-9 would be better than the MM on the clean channel.

Yea youre right maybe I'll get the speaker and the Carbon Copy. A TS9 I'll pick up later, my amps OD is good enough for now. Still open for suggestions
Quote by Flying Couch

Quote by ToastYerLicks
Regardless, I salute you

Quote by ramm_ty

Quote by batman187

Quote by meh!
What about a Bad Monkey OD?
Quote by Flying Couch

Quote by ToastYerLicks
Regardless, I salute you

Quote by ramm_ty

Quote by batman187

Quote by meh!
Fulltone OCD overdrive

flickr you might
Quote by MrCarrot
Oranges are actually a revolution though - they're the next step from Rectos IMO.
Well if your looking for U2 type delays i would go digital over analog. so DD-3. And then the other is your choice as to what you think you would use the most. Im a big phaser fan so my vote is for phase 90.
I picked up the MXR Analog Delay and I love it. Any suggestions for songs to play with it?
Quote by Flying Couch

Quote by ToastYerLicks
Regardless, I salute you

Quote by ramm_ty

Quote by batman187

Quote by meh!
I voted for speaker + EQ. Dunno if a green beret would be the best, though. Also, look at warehouseguitarspeakers and weber.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Way to show everybody up jackass.

Guitar: _______________ Amp:
_ Ibanez SZ320 _________Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

V-Picks!
Quote by Exo M7
I voted for speaker + EQ. Dunno if a green beret would be the best, though. Also, look at warehouseguitarspeakers and weber.

The Green Beret is from warehouseguitarspeakers lol. Any delay songs suggestions?
Quote by Flying Couch

Quote by ToastYerLicks
Regardless, I salute you

Quote by ramm_ty

Quote by batman187

Quote by meh!
Last edited by Lookatmegooo at Dec 28, 2008,