I wrote this song with my drummer for a school project. The solo is just neo-classical wank really and the song itself is pretty short. The main riff is pretty thrashy, but other parts delve into prog and metalcore (breakdown) territory. I'm particularly pleased by the breakdown after the solo. Tell me what you think; hell, tell me I suck if that does ya fine.
* .zip includes the .gp4, .gp5, and midi files
Attachments:
ThrashProg.zip
Quote by Twist of fate
With their diets, finding a fat woman in Japan is like finding someone in the Pit with an IQ over 100.

"First comes smiles, then lies. Last is gunfire."
Last edited by Gabriel Tanaka at Dec 27, 2008,
Well I'm sure I won't be the only one to say it but bars 36-40 are a direct, note-for-note rip-off of Sun of Nothing by Between the Buried and Me. I bet you were hoping no one caught that huh?
Quote by rcw110131
Well I'm sure I won't be the only one to say it but bars 36-40 are a direct, note-for-note rip-off of Sun of Nothing by Between the Buried and Me. I bet you were hoping no one caught that huh?

Seriously? I knew it sounded similar to something I had heard when I was playing it, but I couldn't remember at the time if I had learned it out of a song or not. I can always take that out and change it, which I will eventually; I wrote this quite a long time ago and I'm not really keen on going back to it.
Btw: I really like your tapping song.

Edit: I just listened to Sun of Nothing and you're right, that part sounds just like one section of the song. I'm definitely taking that out when I rework the solo.
Quote by Twist of fate
With their diets, finding a fat woman in Japan is like finding someone in the Pit with an IQ over 100.

"First comes smiles, then lies. Last is gunfire."
Last edited by Gabriel Tanaka at Dec 28, 2008,
hi,

yeah nice part 36-... nice rip off :p

no but seriously, i like the 3/4 main riff has a nice groove going on and has some fitting percussion,
I also really like the clean part(43-46), but the sweeps kinda kick in, in a weird way..
then the nice and omnious part (64-69) should be longer, to get some building up.
anyway is just my opinion.

overall i like it and it has some really nice parts
8/10
Esp ltd M-1000 deluxe stblck EMG
Epiphone LP standard EMG 81/85
keiper les paul stock
Bugera 333 XL 120w head
H&K attax 100 combo
Boss me-50