Page 1 of 2
I just picked this up in the TB classifieds. Should be arriving in a few days. Didn't get much bass related stuff for Christmas and couldn't fight my GAS pains for any longer.

Ibanez ATK 750 (Koa Top)

The ATK is the only modern Ibanez bass that I have ever wanted and I fell in love with one at The Portland Music Company last month. Can't wait for it to arrive

Anyone else buy a new bass recently or any sort of bass related equipment? Post your last gear purchases of 2008 here. Celebrate another great year of playing!
I got in everyone's hostile little face. Yes, these are bruises from fighting. Yes, I'm comfortable with that. I am enlightened.
Funky Muthafucka Of The Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 To Join.
UG Irish Clan-Póg mo thóin
Quote by Caustic
Beast Within, you're awesome.
Looks amazing man, that top is godly. I hope to own an ATK someday.

I got the Boss LMB-3 Limiter Enhancer, and I'll need to fiddle around with it quite a bit to get the sound exactly as I want, but I really love its limiting abilities so far.
I love how the dot inlay is 2 and 3 dots as opposed to 1 and 2.
I would post my new fretless but I already made a thread about it.

As for your new axe
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Of course I don't wanna go in the woods. There's bears in there.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Jeff Ament is a sexy sexy beast.

Quote by Karvid
Yes. Chest hair = automatic awesome. Even if you're a woman.
Today I bought myself a Peavey Vypyr 30. I'm really liking its sounds since I've been playing on a bass amp for so long (and a Marshall MG10 before that).
Awesome, man! I hope to someday mod my atk with some exotic wood or finish. Theese basses are great.They can sound like anything you want them to sound like and they feel amazing.
...it was bright as the sun, but with ten times the heat
Quote by c3powil
Awesome, man! I hope to someday mod my atk with some exotic wood or finish. These basses are great.They can sound like anything you want them to sound like and they feel amazing.

I know man, I love the ATKs. I hate most modern Ibanez basses because of the neck profile, but the ATK has more of a P-Bass/Musicman feel to it. It's ****ing perfect.
I got in everyone's hostile little face. Yes, these are bruises from fighting. Yes, I'm comfortable with that. I am enlightened.
Quote by Caustic
It's...gorgeous.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
That's one of the nicest Ibanez basses I've seen.
I found this on the TB classifieds as well, was my only real purchase for 2008 -

I can't believe I lived without a six for so long...
Quote by Metalfreak777
Dude if i were you i'd look more at bands like Dragonforce, Dragonland, Dream Theatre and Power Quest, most of their songs are either in E major, A major, C major or D majhor

Quote by Mayano
That's one of the nicest Ibanez basses I've seen.
I found this on the TB classifieds as well, was my only real purchase for 2008
I can't believe I lived without a six for so long...

Beautiful bass man. Myung sig right? You are almost required to learn A Change of Seasons, Panic Attack, or any of the other countless great DT basslines now (if you haven't already). I've seen a lot of great basses/amps/pedals on the TB classifieds as of late. Craigslist is also looking quite promising.
Quote by Caustic
Quote by MustangMan311
I absolutely hate the bridge. I think it's the most god-awful, ugliest thing I've ever seen.

But that said, the rest of the bass is gorgeous!

never really liked it either, but very nice basses.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Quote by MustangMan311
I absolutely hate the bridge. I think it's the most god-awful, ugliest thing I've ever seen.

But that said, the rest of the bass is gorgeous!

That's cool man. Different strokes for different folks. I don't mind the bridge in the least, but then again I have always loved the massive bridges on Rics (and even a few Trabens). In fact, my only complaint with the bass has already been voiced, and that is the lack of the 23rd and 24th frets. But in a week or two I will own a Fender American Deluxe Precision (which also features a 22-fret neck), so I guess I will have to get used to it.
Quote by Caustic
I'm actually quite fond of the bridge. Nice catch there man, that's a beautiful bass.
Nope, no sig here.
Quote by Mutant Corn
I'm actually quite fond of the bridge. Nice catch there man, that's a beautiful bass.

I think it adds a really nice touch. Otherwise it would look too much like a Jazz.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
Quote by Beast_Within
Beautiful bass man. Myung sig right? You are almost required to learn A Change of Seasons, Panic Attack, or any of the other countless great DT basslines now (if you haven't already). I've seen a lot of great basses/amps/pedals on the TB classifieds as of late. Craigslist is also looking quite promising.

Yeah man, of course! I love the tone, the control over the low-mids is amazing. TB does have some really good deals, I got that bass in almost new condition for $900 AU, about a third of it's retail over here when they still made them.
Quote by Metalfreak777
Dude if i were you i'd look more at bands like Dragonforce, Dragonland, Dream Theatre and Power Quest, most of their songs are either in E major, A major, C major or D majhor

Quote by Mayano
Yeah man, of course! I love the tone, the control over the low-mids is amazing. TB does have some really good deals, I got that bass in almost new condition for $900 AU, about a third of it's retail over here when they still made them.

Great deal man. I picked up the ATK750 for $400 USD (shipped) and the only cosmetic flaw it has is a slight indentation on the side of the bass. I can't understand people who aren't willing to buy used equipment.
Quote by Caustic
I have always been very fond of Koa. Very nice bass man. I've been wanting to try one of the ATKs myself, based solely on their looks.
Maruszczyk Jake X Redburst
Woodo B5x Aboyna Burl
Ashdown MAG300H + Ashdown 1x15 (Eminence Delta 15)

Believing Carlos!
Quote by Beast_Within
But in a week or two I will own a Fender American Deluxe Precision.

Ok, now your just making me depressed. I swear, if it's a silverburst finish I will track you down and steal it.
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
oh my dayyzzz that looks amazing

I wish mine had a single coil as well, must be even more versatile. What is the rest of the body made from?
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
Quote by Canadian_basser
that's super nice! I haven't tried an ATK before, just the SRs, which I love. Reckon I should try one out, then? And what is/are the TB classifieds?

In terms of feel they are completely different to the soundgears.

Its just the classifieds section on the TalkBass forum
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
Yeah, I read that the neck feels different among other things. I doubt I would actually buy one, but I was just wondering if they were worth trying out. If that makes sense.

Thanks for clarifying that
That looks gorgeous.

Although I'm not too fond of the double inlays, but that's just a matter of getting used to, I think.
Maruszczyk Frog 6 custom -> TC electronic Polytune-> Markbass CMD mini 121 + Markbass traveler 121H

Playing bass in Bamboo Avenue (Like us on facebook! )
EP out now!
Quote by Beast_Within
Great deal man. I picked up the ATK750 for $400 USD (shipped) and the only cosmetic flaw it has is a slight indentation on the side of the bass. I can't understand people who aren't willing to buy used equipment.

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!!!!!!!!
Holy crap, I gotta check TB more often.Thats a heck of a deal there.
Quote by ScottB.
oh my dayyzzz that looks amazing

I wish mine had a single coil as well, must be even more versatile. What is the rest of the body made from?

Light Ash (according to the specs).

Quote by fleajr_1412
Ok, now your just making me depressed. I swear, if it's a silverburst finish I will track you down and steal it.

Crimson Transparent
Quote by Caustic
Last edited by Beast_Within at Dec 28, 2008,
That's a tasteful top.

Not one hour ago I purchased a Stagg electric upright. Finally...
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by Beast_Within
Light Ash (according to the specs).

Just checked some specs on Koa, and it's lighter than Ash. So it's gonna be ever so slightly less backbreaking

How much did you pay for you upright fitz?
Speaking of recent purchases an SWR workingmans head and an Ashdown Mag 115 cab will soon replace my behringer
Quote by guitarhero_764

Spalted koa=sex?
Quote by Beast_Within
Crimson Transparent

You should count yourself lucky, mister.
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
Quote by ScottB.
How much did you pay for you upright fitz?

The upright was $550 new. The piezo tone sounds exactly like you think it does but it actually plays quite well and buzzes like an upright. It's all maple, too, which is surprising for a bass at that price.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Page 1 of 2