I just got a fender 52 telecaster and i been wanting to start trying to play some bluegrass and country stuff on it and i was just wondering if anybody has any ideas on a good amp that would give me that warm country sound and sound good with my tele. thanks guys.
how much $ you have?
GEAR:
PRS CU22 10 top with #10
Gibson lp studio (fireburst)
MIA 06' fender strat sss

Orange rockerverb 50 c

morley rotating speaker '62
" pro wah
mxr flanger '73
line 6 dl4 x2, fm4, dm4
mi audio tube zone
love pedal karl fuzz
Some kinda Fender Twin?

EDIT: *reads original post again* Warm? I always thought the archetypical country sound was as bright and twangy, yet even as possible (Fender with a bright switch on and all the knobs set at 5)?
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
the vox ac30 would be good. i think a traynor amp would be worth a look too. check out sound clips on youtube.
An AC30 would be good for warm country tones, and a Twin reverb for brighter tones.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
for country i would go with, (depending on budget and power needs) a fender twin or deluxe reverb, or any of the old tweed style amps.
an ac30 would work well for the modern country stuff, but we're not into that, are we?
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
im thinking a jc 120 or ac 30 or maybe even a bogner uberschall?
GEAR:
PRS CU22 10 top with #10
Gibson lp studio (fireburst)
MIA 06' fender strat sss

Orange rockerverb 50 c

morley rotating speaker '62
" pro wah
mxr flanger '73
line 6 dl4 x2, fm4, dm4
mi audio tube zone
love pedal karl fuzz
Quote by new_kirk_hammet
im thinking a jc 120 or ac 30 or maybe even a bogner uberschall?

Wat?
I've played an uber. Definitely not country amps.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by darkarbiter7
Wat?
I've played an uber. Definitely not country amps.

Haha. Even I couldn't make one of those bastards twang and sing.

Now the XTC on the other hand.....

****. I just gave myself GAS.

To clarify an earlier post: I get amazing Brad Paisley and Keith Urban tones out of my rig. With the volume back, Chet Atkins, some Stones, Albert Lee, and Vince Gill shine through.
Warm? Go British (Vox AC30/50 or Marshall JCM-800)
Twangy? Go American (Fender, Fender, and then there is a Fender) (Blues Delux or maybe Hot Rod)
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400
Marshall 1987 JCM-800 2210 100W

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society

An 800? That might do it but the breakup isn't exactly country. If you were going to get a Marshall and wanted a little more country friendly drive you could look at a JTM45, Bluesbreaker, or 18 Watt. Thought, I wouldn't really suggest a Marshall for playing country.

A Fender Deluxe Reverb would be good, as would basically any of the Fender Reverb amps like the Twin and the Super. A Fender Bassman is pretty much the quintessential country amp, but it's on the other side of the spectrum away from the blackface Fenders. A Blues Junior would do it, and I would stay away from the others in the Hot Rod Series. They're not bad amps, they're just not outstanding.

A Vox AC30 would work too, as would a Peavey Classic 30.

That's a fairly big list, but you haven't given us a budget so look at those, try them out, and see which ones fit your price and which ones you like best.
Quote by forsaknazrael
You should probably mug John Frusciante or Ritchie Blackmore. They're small guys, we could take 'em.

Just look out for that other guy in the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Will Farrel. He's a tall mofo, got a long reach.

Quote by Invader Jim
I give up.