once again im looking to enhance my pedal collection with some holiday money. i have a $100 gift card to GC plus some cash, and was thinking id look around there later this week to see what they have in the way of pedals. usually the selection isnt anything spectacular, but they do seem to keep some nicer pedals behind the counter. never really wanted to ask to play them if im not buying anything, but nows the time to make an ass of myself and be a bit of an annoying customer since ive got the cash to back it up.

so today i get a MF catalog, and was looking through it when my eye stumbled upon a sale of rocktron pedals. and since MF and GC seem to be linked, i kinda assume that GC would be having the same type of sale. and if not, well then theyve got that lowest price guarentee so i can probably take advantage of the sale that way.

to the point! one of the pedals that looked interesting was the rocktron cyborg delay (hence the title). usually sells for $219, but its on sale for $99.99. now the features look pretty interesting, and the DSP engine it uses is supposed to be nice. however, there is almost a complete lack of reviews of the cyborg reverb and its sibling the cyborg delay. combine that with the search on UG that turns up nothing, and ive got no idea if i should even be interested in this pedal.

basicly, the point is: is this pedal any good or should i be looking elsewhere?

the other couple options im thinking of were:
1) getting the rocktron tsunami chorus (on sale for $50) then saving the rest for when i get my new guitar in a couple weeks so i can get a nice strap and straplocks (however ill be out of state so the strap/locks wont be bought till at least march)
2) getting a korg pitchblack and a jetslide
3)taking advice from UG

other pedals ive been looking into are the ehx pog and moog phaser, though i cant really justify a $300 pedal right now. also the line 6 verbzilla, ibanez fl-9, ibanez cs-9, or one of the ehx flangers. so basicly modulation pedals, as im fairly happy with my dirt stuff at the moment.

now im happy with my amps and guitars, so im not really looking to upgrade there (other than new tubes for my classic 30, which im probably going to sell anyway). im happy with most of my pedals at the moment, even if half the time they arent in my chain. i currently have a dynacomp, keeley modded ts-9, self modded vox v847, home made mk-II fuzz clone, boss ph-2 and an ibanez ad-9. so if youve got any ideas on pedals to add to that/upgrade, feel free. my style is along the lines of anything rock other than metal. ive got softrock influences, pop-punk influences, classic rock, hard rock, grunge, progressive, etc. ive also got some folk type influences as ive been listening to some celtic music and bluegrass recently. but i mainly go for rock stuff.

if the rest was too long to read: how is the titular pedal and do you have other recomendations in the $1-200 range for a nice pedal, probably of modulation type, for fairly generic rock music
oh come on, no one has any opinions on anything to be found in my post? you friendly neighborhood mod would like some responses...
well you all suck at responding to my threads, so maybe ill just re-title it.

by the way (not that anyone will read this), i went to GC today and if possible, their pedal selection was worse than usuall. they had nothing at all that i wanted to try. which means if youve got any insight into the rocktron pedals ive mentioned or any other ideas, i would much appreciate it.
I read the entire thread - I've got no idea about Rocktron pedals. The Korg Pitchblack is a good tuner though, but I recommend you try out the Korg DT-10. Amazing pedal, very accurate.
i haven't tried any rocktron pedals... for $200 though you probably have quite a few options...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
OOOOO triple posting im telling jof!!

rocktron has couple good pedals out there. but i have no idea if that one made the list or not. that line 6 is pretty decent.
Last edited by kckyle at Dec 30, 2008,
Fulltone OCD
EHX Graphic Fuzz, basically two, great pedals, in one.
EHX Small Stone or MXR Phase 100
Zvex Vexter BOR, again two pedals in one. I'd probably buy it for the boost alone.
DSP <-- should give you a red flag. I wouldnt spend $100+ on something that is fully digital, when there are nicer analog pedals to be had for the price. No experience w/rocktron pedals for me. Also, GC owns MF.com, so you were right about them being linked in some way. Also, i have found various things on MF for cheaper than GC.com, so try to take advantage of that also. Best of luck.
Quote by IbanezPsycho
Havent got my hands on Rocktron yet so im no help man...

thanks for the worthless post. get out.
No opinion on rocktron, but as far as delays go, the Hardwire dl-8 is pretty awesome, just make sure you have a power supply because (i kid you not) i played it for 1 day and the 9 volt was out. (didn't leave it plugged in or anything)
The hardwire pedals are good overall, check those all out
and maybe.... i don't know, i'd probably just go for some basic MXR effects like a phase or somehting...
Quote by RHCPFitz
thanks for the worthless post. get out.

your post is also worthless
mine too
so all guys who have no experience with the pedals our mod wants get out!!!!!
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Fitz, the thing about DSP is if done well, it can be really good. most studio reverbs are completly digital these days, and the DSP chip in the rocktron is supposed to be as good as the ones in some studio processors. im pretty much set on a digital reverb anyway, because analog just isnt able to do what i want in my reverb.

Ming, ive already decided my next phaser is a Moog, so getting a phase 100 or small stone isnt really on my list. ive just got to wait until i finish school, then that moog is mine. the BOR sounds interesting though, i think they used to have one on display at the GC near me but i never really tried it because im not really looking for any more dirt pedals. if it does what it says (marshall on 10) then its probably worth a try.

BGSM, is the dt-10 any better than the pitchblack? i see it has the same accuracy at +/- 1 cent, but the large floorprint is a bit of a turnoff in a tuner for me. but if its worth it, it is less so maybe ill go for that one.
i know nothing of rocktron pedals, but, i will bump you so you dont track me down and ban me lol.
just go try it out i guess. sorry man.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Quote by jimmy_neutron
Both my Guitarists for delay use the Boss DD7 fro delay, its a really really good pedal from what i can make out anyway..

This may be of interest to you
http://www.musicplayers.com/reviews/guitars/2006/1006_DelayPedals.php

im really not looking into the DD7, i want something a bit nicer as i already have my analog delay set. i just want a really nice digital one. that comparison is awesome though, ive gotta finish reading the whole thing at some point.
The thing about Rocktron is that they are unmistakably digital. I always feel like I am in an 80s hair metal band when I use on of their products.

The Pitchblack is a great tuner. I would recommend that to anyone.

I have forgotten what GC carries, but I have a small love for the EHX Clone Theory. Maybe you could swing that?

Also...

Go 'Hoos!
One of these.

Lord, that's one of the best Delay pedals I've heard.
Quote by satchgear
I tried it out in store.

Great neck, nice n light, good tuning stability. Overall a good guitar. I didn't but it cause I generally only buy guitars over a grand now.
i love my korg pitchblack. 2cents
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by jj1565
i love my korg pitchblack. 2cents

hard to go wrong for 2 cents...

>_>
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by jof1029
well you all suck at responding to my threads, so maybe ill just re-title it.

by the way (not that anyone will read this), i went to GC today and if possible, their pedal selection was worse than usuall. they had nothing at all that i wanted to try. which means if youve got any insight into the rocktron pedals ive mentioned or any other ideas, i would much appreciate it.

At least you have a Guitar Centre! My local guitar shop is tiny, it's just started stocking half decent (but overpriced) guitars. The only pedals it has are Marshall Guv'Nors and a Jimi Hendrix Wah Pedal
RULE BRITANNIA